Alexis Ohanian is a successful entrepreneur, investor, internet expert, and author. In his profession, his brilliance, hard work, and grit have helped him make countless achievements. Reddit, Initialized Capital, Hipmunk, and Breadpig are just a few of his accomplishments. He’s dubbed the “Mayor of the Internet.” He also got well-known after courting and subsequently marrying one of tennis’ greatest players of all time (Serena Williams). Continue reading to learn about his early years, personal life, and accomplishments.
What is Alexis Ohanian’s net worth?
Alexis has been a part of a number of start-ups and has assisted in the development and management of many businesses. He’s a talented writer as well. His current net worth is reported to be between $10 million and $20 million. However, we don’t yet know how much he earns per year.
Serena Williams’ Husband Alexis Ohanian Takes a Break From Cheerleading at US Open:
Alexis Ohanian, the husband of tennis champion Serena Williams and co-founder of Reddit and now a venture capitalist, is a prominent critic of Silicon Valley’s workaholic culture and leads by example in advocating a good work-life balance. Ohanian’s first focus right now is supporting his wife at the U.S. Open Tennis Championships in New York. However, when the opportunity arose, the entrepreneur and investor tried to focus on his own firm.
Ohanian took a break from the tournament on Wednesday to attend a business function in Boston, following Williams’ rout of China’s Wang Qiang in the quarterfinal on Tuesday night, which was also Williams’ 100th win at the US Open.
Ohanian used his speech at this year’s Inbound conference to reiterate his message on combining work and family life. He addressed a conference of business leaders and professionals, “It’s a farce for firms to think there’s family life over here and work-life over there.” “Right now, the culture of corporate value and paid family leave can begin to shift.”
Williams will compete against Elina Svitolina of Ukraine on Thursday night for a spot in the final this weekend. This will be Williams’ 13th semifinal appearance in the US Open.
During Williams’ match against longtime rival Maria Sharapova on Tuesday, Ohanian was seen in the middle of the match showing off a “D.A.R.E” shirt from the audience. Sharapova’s two-year doping ban from 2016 to 2017 was mocked on the shirt.
Who are the parents of Alexis Ohanian?
Alexis Ohanian was born in Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States, according to his biography. His heritage is Armenian and German, and his nationality is American. Alexis Kerry Ohanian is his given name. Chris Ohanian, an Armenian-American father, and Anke Ohanian, a German-born mother, are his parents. His father arrived in the United States as a refugee.
Alexis Ohanian received his education at Howard High School in Ellicott City, Maryland, where he graduated in 2001. He then went on to the University of Virginia, where he earned a bachelor’s degree in commerce and a master’s degree in history in 2005.
What is the profession of Alexis Ohanian?
- Alexis co-founded reddit.com with co-founder Steve Huffman after graduating from university. After Ohanian and Huffman’s initial idea, My Mobile Menu, was rejected, he got money from Y Combinator.
- They were part of the first group in Summer 2005, and Condé Nast bought them in 2006. As a member of Reddit’s Board of Directors, Ohanian continues to collaborate closely with the company. On July 10, 2015, he returned to Reddit full-time with co-founder Huffman to head the now-independent company.
- Alexis co-founded Initialized Capital in 2010 and has invested in startups such as Instacart, Zenefits, Open Door, and Cruise as a seed investor. Ohanian was nominated to Forbes’ “30 Under 30” list as a key figure in the technology business in 2011 and 2012.
- Fast Company named him one of the “Most Creative People in Business” in 2016.
- In early 2017, he collaborated with Rayouf Alhumedhi, an adolescent, to create a campaign for a hijab emoji. Ohanian arranged for Alhumedhi to do an AMA on two chromosomes about her concept and reacted to the critics. Apple introduced its version of the hijab emoji on July 17, 2017.
- Despite returning to Reddit as CEO, Alexis Ohanian left the firm in February 2018 to pursue a career as a full-time venture capitalist.
How did Alexis Ohanian meet Serena?
Alexis Ohanian is a married man, which reflects his personal life. Serena Williams, a well-known American tennis player, is his wife. On November 16, 2017, the pair married. On December 29, 2016, the couple got engaged after years of dating. Williams shared a sideways photo of herself on Snapchat on April 19, 2017, with the attention on her stomach. Venus Williams, her sister, revealed her pregnancy.
The couple was about to give birth to their first kid. On September 1, 2017, his wife Serena gave birth to a beautiful baby daughter. Alexis Olympia Ohanian Jr. was the name they chose for their child. The pair has been together for a long time and their marriage is still going strong.
How tall is Alexis Ohanian?
Alexis Ohanian is 6 feet 5 inches tall, according to his body measurements. His body weight is 96 kg. His hair is dark brown, and his eyes are dark brown. His additional physical characteristics are yet to be revealed. We will notify you if any information is made public.
Quick Facts About Alexis Ohanian
|Celebrated Name||Alexis Ohanian|
|Birth Name||Alexis Kerry Ohanian|
|Profession||Entrepreneur, Investor and Writer|
|Place Of Birth||Brooklyn, New York City, New York|
|Ethnicity||Armenian and German|
|High School||Howard High School|
|University||University of Virginia|
|Educational Qualification||Degrees in Commerce & History|
|Daughter||Alexis Olympia Ohanian Jr.|
|Height||6 feet 5 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Net Worth||$10 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Business Career|