Amitabh Bachchan is an Indian actor, producer, and occasional playback singer best known for his appearances in the films “Sholay,” “Dewaar,” “Shahenshah,” and “Zanjeer.” He is also known for hosting the Indian version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?, “Kaun Banega Crorepati.”
Bachchan has acted in almost 200 Indian films in a career that spans more than five decades, having began his professional career in 1969. During the 1970s and 1980s, he was India’s most popular actor, with roles in the UAE, Egypt, South Africa, the United Kingdom, Russia, Fiji, and other countries. In his career, he has received numerous awards, including four National Film Awards for Best Actor, the Dadasaheb Phalke Lifetime Achievement Award, and 15 Filmfare Awards. He is known as the “Shahenshah of Bollywood,” “Sadi ka Mahanayak,” “Star of the Millennium,” or “Big B,” and is recognized as one of Hindi cinema’s best actors.
In July 2020, Bachchan, his son Abhishek Bachchan, daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, and granddaughter Aradhya were all found to be positive for COVID-19, for which he was hospitalized for more than two weeks. Since then, he’s been posting videos on his social media sites, @SrBachchan, which has over 43.5 million followers, and @amitabhbachchan, which has over 20.8 million followers, to keep his millions of admirers up to date on his predicament. Bachchan slammed trolls for wishing the pandemic will kill him on July 28, 2020.
Table of Bio/Wiki
- 1 What is the Net Worth of Amitabh Bachchan?
- 2 What is Amitabh Bachchan Famous for?
- 3 Where was Amitabh Bachchan Born?
- 4 Amitabh Bachchan’s Career Highlights:
- 5 Who is Amitabh Bachchan’s Wife and Children?
- 6 Amitabh Bachchan’s Health Issues:
- 7 How Tall is Amitabh Bachchan?
- 8 Quick Facts About Amitabh Bachchan
What is the Net Worth of Amitabh Bachchan?
Amitabh Bachchan is a multi-billionaire actor who has amassed a sizable fortune from his long and successful acting career. Bachchan has effortlessly amassed a million-dollar wealth from his over 200 films that he has done until 2020, having began his profession in 1969 and continuing for over 50 years.
Movies, the show “Kaun Banega Crorepati(KBC),” and investments are said to be his sources of income. With a net worth of $400 million and a movie budget of Rs. 20 crore, he has an estimated net worth of $400 million.
Bachchan also has a million-dollar worth of assets, including Rs. 460 crore in movable assets, Rs. 540 crore in immovable assets, over 62 crore in jewelry, over 13 crore in vehicles, over 4 crore in watches, and a million-dollar worth of car collections, including Bentley Arnage R, Mercedes Benz SL 500 AMG, Toyota Land Cruiser, Mercedes Benz E240, and many others.
What is Amitabh Bachchan Famous for?
- He is regarded as one of Hindi cinema’s best actors.
- His distinct, harsh baritone voice is well-known.
Where was Amitabh Bachchan Born?
Amitabh Bachchan was born in the United Provinces of British India, on October 11, 1942. (present-day Uttar Pradesh, India). Inquilaab Srivastava is his full name. Indian is his nationality. Bachchan is of Kayastha descent and is born under the sign of Libra.
As the eldest son of Harivansh Rai Bachchan (father) and Teji Bachchan, Amitabh was born into a well-educated household (mother). His mother, Teji, was a social activist and a confidante of Prime Minister Indira Gandhi who died in 2007, and his father, Harivansh, was a poet of the Nayi Kavita literary movement in early twentieth-century Hindi literature who died in 2003.
In his hometown, he grew up alongside his younger brother, Ajitabh Bachchan, who is a businessman. He was a student at Sherwood College in Nainital and afterwards attended Kirori Mal College at the University of Delhi, where he is an alumnus.
His mother was a theater buff, thus she had some say in Bachchan’s career choice, which was influenced primarily by great Indian actor Dilip Kumar. Bachchan’s famous “angry young man” persona was born through his adaptation of Kumar’s manner, his method acting, and heightening the intensity.
He was an excellent athlete in college, winning the 100, 200, and 400-meter dashes, as well as a boxing championship. He also wanted to be an engineer and join the Indian Air Force when he was younger.
Amitabh Bachchan’s Career Highlights:
- In 1969, in Mrinal Sen’s National Award-winning film “Bhuvan Shome,” Amitabh Bachchan made his cinema debut as a voice narrator. He earned his debut acting part in the film “Saat Hindustani” the same year, as one of the seven protagonists.
- In 1971, he acted in “Anand,” a drama film with Rajesh Khanna, for which he received his first Filmfare Best Supporting Actor award.
- “Parwana,” “Reshma Aur Shera,” “Guddi,” “Bwarchi,” “Bombay to Goa,” and “Sanjog” were among his early films.
- After being found by the screenwriting duo Salim-Javed, who penned the hit Indian film “Zanjeer” in 1973, Bachchan received his big break. The film was a box office success, and Bachchan’s career trajectory was forever altered.
- Bachchan went on to star in many more of the duo’s films, including “Deewar” (1975) and “Sholay” (1975), and became one of the industry’s most successful leading men.
- From the comedy “Chupke Chupke” to the crime thriller “Faraar” to the romance drama “Mili,” he appeared in a variety of films in 1975.
- “Kabhie Kabhie,” a romantic family drama directed by Yash Chopra, cast him in 1976. In the same year, he starred as both a father and a son in the popular film “Adalat.”
- In 1977, he received his first Filmfare Best Actor Award for his role in “Amar Akbar Anthony.”
- Muqaddar Ka Sikandar, Trishul, Don, Kasme Vaade, Ganga Ki Saugandh, and Besharam were all big box office triumphs in 1978, making it his most lucrative year at the box office.
- Bachchan featured in the highest-grossing film of the year, “Suhaag,” in 1979. Mr. Natwarlal, Kaala Patthar, The Great Gambler, and Manzil are some of his other films.
- Bachchan went on to star opposite Shatrughan Sinha and Zeenat Aman in another big film, “Dostana” (1980), which is considered one of the most iconic and highest-grossing films of the decade. He made films including “Mard,” “Aakhree Raasta,” and “Coolie” in the early 1980s, following which he entered politics.
- Bachchan returned to film in 1988, starring as the titular character in “Shahenshah,” a term he still uses today.
- For his role as a Mafia don in the 1990 cult film “Agneepath,” Bachchan received his first National Film Award for Best Actor.
- He tried to resurrect his acting career after a five-year hiatus with the films “Bade Miyan Chote Miyan” (1998) and “Major Saab” (1998).
- Bachchan ushered in the new millennium with Yash Chopra’s box-office smash “Mohabbatein,” for which he received his third Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award.
- In “Ek Rishta: The Bond of Love,” “Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham…”, and “Baghban,” he played an elderly family patriarch (2003).
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s drama picture “Black,” released in 2005, provided Bachchan with another excellent masterpiece.
- He later co-starred in the films “Bunty Aur Babli” (2005), “Sarkar” (2005), and “Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna” (2005) with his son Abhishek (2006).
- In 2007, he starred in the films “Chenni Kum” and “Shootout to Lokhandwala,” both of which were box office successes. In the same year, he appeared in Rituparno Ghosh’s “The Last Lear,” his first English-language film.
- He also starred in “Boothnath” (2008), “Boothnath Returns” (2014), “Paa” (2009), and “Kandahar” (2009). (2010).
- In 2013, he made his Hollywood debut in “The Great Gatsby,” in which he co-starred alongside Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire.
- In 2015, he received his fourth National Film Award for Best Actor for his performance as a grumpy parent in the critically praised comedy-drama film “Piku.”
- In 2016, he starred in the critically acclaimed women-centered courtroom drama “Pink.”
- He starred in Ram Gopal Varma’s “Sarkar 3” in 2017, the third part of the Sarkar film series.
- He later featured alongside Rishi Kapoor in “102 Not Out,” a comedy-drama (2018).
- In Ayan Mukerji’s fantasy film “Brahmastra,” he will appear with Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt.
- In addition, Bachchan began his television career in 2000, hosting the first season of “Kaun Banega Crorepati(KBC),” which is currently in its 11th season. In 2009, he hosted the third season of “Bigg Boss,” a reality television show.
- In the fictional Sony Entertainment Television TV series “Yudh,” he made his debut in 2014.
Who is Amitabh Bachchan’s Wife and Children?
Jaya Bhaduri is Amitabh Bachchan’s only wife. Jaya is an Indian film actress and politician who has served in the Rajya Sabha since 2009, representing the Samajwadi Party. “Zanjeer” (1973), “Abhimaan” (1973), “Chupke Chupke” (1975), “Mili” (1975), and “Sholay” (1975) were some of the films in which the pair appeared together (1975).
They married in India on June 3, 1973, and have two children, Shweta and Abhishek Bachchan. Shweta Kapoor, his daughter, is an Indian novelist, journalist, broadcaster, and former model who is married to Nikhil Nanda, Ritu Nanda’s son and Raj Kapoor’s grandson. His son, Abhishek, is a film actor and producer who has been married to Aishwarya Rai, a gorgeous actress who won the Miss World 1994 contest, since 2007. Aradhya Bachchan Bachchan is the couple’s daughter.
Bachchan has three grandchildren: Shewta’s Agastya and Navya Naveli Nanda, and Abhishek’s Aradhya Bachchan. The Bachchan family currently resides in Mumbai’s Jalsa and Pratiksha, two well-known mansions.
Amitabh Bachchan’s Health Issues:
In July 2020, Amitabh Bachchan, his son Abhishek Bachchan, daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, and granddaughter Aradhya were all diagnosed with COVID-19, for which he was hospitalized for over two weeks. However, after being tested negative, Aishwarya and Aradhya returned home, but Amitabh and Abhishek remained hospitalized together under the care of physicians and nurses.
Fortunately, his health returned to normal, although there were a number of trolls who wished for his death, which he blew out on social media sites on July 28, 2020.
Bachchan had previously suffered a near-fatal intestine injury while filming a fight scene for “Coolie” with co-actor Puneet Issar on July 26, 1982. While doing his trick, the corner of the table collided with his abdomen, causing a splenic rupture and severe blood loss. He needed an emergency splenectomy and was very unwell in the hospital for months, coming dangerously close to death at times.
It was at this time that the globe witnessed the outpouring of popular support, which included temple prayers, promises to sacrifice limbs to save him, and long lines of well-wishers outside the hospital. Myasthenia gravis was later discovered to be the cause of his symptoms. Because of his condition, he felt intellectually and physically weak, and he chose to leave the film industry and pursue a career in politics.
How Tall is Amitabh Bachchan?
Amitabh Bachchan is a handsome man who, despite his advanced age, retains his Baritone voice and beautiful appearance. He stands at 6 feet 2 inches (1.88 meters) tall and weighs roughly 91 kilograms. Bachchan startled the audience when he posted a photograph of himself working out at the gym in early July 2020.
Moreover, in 2019, after being hospitalized for unknown reasons, he lost roughly 5 kilograms, which he saw as a great achievement. He sports a renowned white beard, light brown hair, and brown eyes, all of which are framed by his famous power glasses.
Quick Facts About Amitabh Bachchan
|Celebrated Name||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Nick Name||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Birth Name||Amitabh Harivansh Rai Bachchan|
|Father||Harivansh Rai Bachchan|
|College / University||Sherwood College, Kirori Mal College, University of Delhi|
|Net Worth||$400 Million|
|Salary||Will Add Soon|
|Source of Wealth||Movie Career|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Chest Size||40 in|
|Waist Size||34 in|
|Hair Color||Salt Pepper|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|