What is Benny Andersson’s net worth?
As of October 2022, Benny Andersson’s net worth is estimated to be $230 Million.
75 years old
December 16, 1946
1.77 m (5 ft 10 in)
Country of Origin:
Source of Wealth:
October 14, 2022
Swedish pop singer and composer Benny Andersson is best known for his collaborations with the group ABBA, which is well-known all over the world.
Along with his work with ABBA, Andersson is well-known for the hit albums he has recorded with his band, the Benny Anderssons Orkester, as well as for writing the music for numerous motion pictures.
Benny Andersson Facts
- Although Andersson didn’t often perform the lead vocals on Abbas’s songs, he did on their smash song, Does Your Mother Know.
- ABBA had a great deal of popularity and released numerous hit songs, yet they were never nominated for a Grammy Award and only once for I Still Have Faith in You.
- Despite the fact that Andersson is best recognized for his work on the musical Mamma Mia, he also created two other musicals, Chess and Kristina frn Duvemla.
- In order to receive ABBA’s induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2010, he reconnected with Anni-Frid Lyngstad.
- In 2013, Andersson, Ulvaeus, and the Swedish DJ and record producer Avicii went back to the source of his early success to write the anthem for the Eurovision Song Contest.
Early Years of Benny Andersson
Born in Stockholm, Sweden, on December 16, 1946, Göran Bror Benny Andersson learned to play the accordion from his father at a young age.
Andersson, who had training in traditional, schlager, and Swedish folk music, was also influenced by Elvis Presley and bought the record Jailhouse Rock.
Benny Andersson had his own piano by the time he was 10 years old, and by the time he was 15, he had quit school in order to concentrate solely on his musical career.
Professional Career of Benny Andersson
Benny Andersson joined the group the Hep Stars in 1964, playing keyboard, and they had their first hit with the song Cadillac in 1965. He still gives them credit for this on his official Instagram account.
He met Björn Ulvaeus in 1966 as the band’s success expanded, and the two collaborated on songwriting before joining forces with Anni-Frid Lyngstad as the singer.
They established the group ABBA in 1972, performing their popular song Waterloo at the 1974 Eurovision Song Contest alongside Cher.
Following the release of numerous successful singles like Dancing Queen, Knowing Me, Knowing You, and Fernando, the band disbanded in the 1980s as a result of the dissolution of Andersson and Ulvaeus’s marriages.
Numerous of their songs have been used in hit films, most notably the Pierce Brosnan and Colin Firth musical Mamma Mia!
Benny Andersson’s Career Earnings
Benny Andersson, one of the wealthiest rock stars in the world, has benefited financially from the sales of both the original ABBA albums and their wildly popular compilation albums.
An approximate breakdown of Benny Andersson’s career earnings is provided below:
- $8.8 million was Benny Andersson’s salary in 1975.
- Benny Andersson earned $9.5 million in 1976.
- In 1977, Benny Andersson earned $2.7 million. In 1980, he earned $3.5 million.
- $1.6 million was Benny Andersson’s salary in 1981.
- The 1982 salary for Benny Andersson was $715,000
- $130,000 was Benny Andersson’s salary in 1983.
- $130,000 was Benny Andersson’s annual salary in 1988.
- $28 million was Benny Andersson’s salary in 1992.
- $1.1 million was Benny Andersson’s salary in 1999.
- $2.4 million was Benny Andersson’s salary in 2001.
- Benny Andersson earned $7.7 million in wages in 2008.
- $10 million will be Benny Andersson’s salary in 2022.
How did Benny Andersson became a multi-millionaire?
With ABBA’s enormous popularity, Benny Andersson has become one of the richest singers in the world, and during the 1970s, his wealth increased rapidly.
As a result of ABBA’s constantly sold-out foreign tours, Andersson’s wealth increased and he became a multi-millionaire.
Andersson continued to make significant sums of money after the trio disbanded by putting out popular compilation albums.
Andersson has had a prosperous career as a composer, adding to his income from record sales royalties and growing his net worth over time.
Personal Life of Benny Andersson
Andersson and Christina Grönvall, with whom he has a son named Peter and a daughter named Helene, were engaged in the early 1960s.
Following their separation in 1966, he started dating Anni-Frid Lyngstad, a fellow band member.
Andersson and Lyngstad wed in 1978 and remained together until their divorce in 1981, which contributed to the dissolution of ABBA.
Awards & Achievements
Benny Andersson has received numerous high-profile music industry award nominations throughout the years as a result of his work with ABBA as well as his solo performances and compositions.
Here are some of Benny Andersson’s career high points:
- 1974: The song Waterloo, which ABBA specifically composed for the competition, wins the Eurovision Song Contest.
- At the 1974 Bravo Otto Awards, the band ABBA takes home the Silver Award for Pop Group, earning the honor an additional eight times.
- 1977: At the Carl-Alan Award, their popular song Dancing Queen wins Best Vocal Record for Dancing.
- Take A Chance On Me gets the Carl-Alan Award for Best Vocal Record for Dancing in 1978.
- 2012: The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences of Lule Tekniska University awards Benny Andersson an honorary doctorate in philosophy.
How Does Benny Andersson Spend His Money?
Benny Andersson has an amazing net worth and a successful job as a composer and music producer, so he has plenty of extra money to play with.
He is well-known for having a remarkable collection of luxury automobiles, including a Maserati Merak SS Coupe in which he is said to have written down some hit song ideas.
In addition, he owns a property on Hölö in the Stockholm archipelago as well as the Villa Lido mansion in Stockholm, Sweden.
Career Highlights of Benny Andersson
Benny Andersson has experienced many high points throughout the course of a career spanning decades and marked by a succession of singles and albums that have achieved international best-seller status.
Here are some of Benny Andersson’s greatest career high points:
- With the band Hep Stars, which went on to become one of the most popular Swedish pop groups of the age, Andersson launches his career in the music business in 1964.
- He starts working collaboratively with Björn Ulvaeus in 1966, penning a variety of tunes for various bands.
- The band ABBA were founded in 1972, kicking off a massively successful run of hit singles and albums that would make them famous all over the world.
- Songs from the Second Floor‘s music was written by Benny Andersson in 2000, and it was a critical triumph.
- Benny Anderssons Orkester, which Andersson forms in 2001, releases five wildly popular albums over the ensuing years.
Favorite Benny Andersson Quotes
Benny Andersson, a successful composer for the band ABBA as well as later in life for several critically acclaimed films. And he is a model employee with a wealth of knowledge about the music business.
The following are some of our favorites from Benny Andersson:
- “It’s so humbling and I’m grateful but I cannot say I understand quite how that happened. It’s kind of a miracle, never in our wildest dreams did we think that these songs that we wrote would last for such a long time.” – Benny Andersson
- “We were kind of protective of the first one because we were very proud of it, it was very good and it became kind of a cult movie … and we thought what’s the point of risking … taking away from that legacy, so we were reluctant.” – Benny Andersson
- “The situation in America is when it starts moving there, all the bands from England move over to America and work from there, so that they’re available all the time for everyone that wants them in person.” – Benny Andersson
- “What you make up in your heads sticks if it’s good, falls out if it’s bad. If we still remember something a day after we made it up, it might be worth building on.” – Benny Andersson
- “We simply write the kind of music we enjoy most and hope that our audience will enjoy it too.” – Benny Andersson
Benny Andersson’s Three Incredible Lessons
Let’s look at the lessons we can draw from Benny Andersson’s illustrious musical career now that you are fully aware of his net worth.
The following are some of the most valuable success lessons from Benny Andersson:
1. Practice Hard If You Want To Become Great At Something
Benny Andersson put a lot of effort into becoming successful; he started learning how to play his instruments at a young age.
2. Find Inspiration Wherever You Can
Andersson wasn’t scared to draw inspiration while performing, unlike the majority of pop and rock performers who compose in a recording studio.
Many of ABBA’s well-known songs were created in his Maserati sports car rather than in a recording studio.
3. Don’t Be Afraid To Venture Into New Creative Territories
Benny Andersson wrote and produced successful pop songs that brought him fame and money. But he was also not averse to trying new things.
His work on movie soundtracks gave rise to musical genres that were very different from one another but nonetheless very successful with various audiences.
This entire overview of Benny Andersson’s net worth. And highlighting his professional high points and contributions to the film business, is now complete.
Even though Andersson is best known for being one of the founding members of the pop group ABBA. Also he has continued to find success with solo band and film scores.
Benny Andersson’s net worth as of October 2022 is Estimated to be $230 Million.