Table of Bio/Wiki
Cuba Gooding Jr. is an actor, writer, producer, and director from the United States. He is most known for his performance as Tre Styles in the 1991 film “Boyz n the Hood.” For his work as Rod Tidwell in the film “Jerry Maguire,” Gooding earned a “Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor.” In the FX drama television series “The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story,” Gooding played O.J. Simpson.
What is Cuba Gooding Jr Net Worth?
Cuba Gooding Jr. has amassed a sizable fortune from his acting career. Through his numerous popular movies, TV shows, and series, Gooding has amassed a large wealth in the millions of dollars. Gooding is well-off, with an estimated net worth of $24 million.
For “Jerry Maguire,” Gooding was paid $600,000, $1 million for “What Dreams May Come,” and more than $2 million for “Instinct.” Gooding has been enjoying a rich and extravagant lifestyle in his $10 million property in Pacific Palisades, Los Angeles, with all of his fortune in millions of dollars.
What is Cuba Gooding Jr Famous for?
- One of the most well-known and well-paid actors.
- In the 1991 film “Boyz n the Hood,” he was known as Tre Styles.
When and Where was Cuba Gooding Jr Born?
Cuba Gooding Jr. was born in the Bronx, New York, United States, on January 2, 1968. Cuba Mary Gooding Jr. is his birth name. He is an American citizen. Gooding Jr. is of African-American descent, and his zodiac sign is Capricorn.
His father, Cuba Gooding Sr., was the main vocalist of the soul group “The Main Ingredient,” and his mother, Shirley Sullivan, was also a singer who worked with “The Sweethearts.” After his father left the family, Gooding Jr. was reared in Los Angeles by his mother and three siblings: a daughter April and two boys, Omar and Thomas. Omar is also a well-known actor, rapper, and stand-up comedian.
Cuba attended four different high schools, first with North Hollywood High School, then Tustin High School, Apple Valley High School, and lastly John F. Kennedy High School.
In three of the high schools where he attended, Cuba was the Class President. He became interested in Japanese martial arts after high school and studied it for three years before focusing on acting.
For the next three years, Gooding Jr. studied Japanese martial arts. Furthermore, at the age of 13, Cuba became a born-again Christian. He began his career as a breakdancer, performing at the 1984 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles with singer Lionel Richie.
Cuba Gooding Jr. Career Highlights:
- Gooding Jr. began his professional acting career with three years of guest appearances on shows such as “Hill Street Blues” (1981), “Amen” (1988), and “MacGyver” (1988, 1989, 1990).
- He made his breakthrough as Tre Styles in John Singleton’s criminal film “Boyz n the Hood” in 1991.
- After that, Gooding acted in films such as “A Few Good Men” (1992), “Judgment Night” (1993), “Lightning Jack” (1994), and “Outbreak” (1995).
- In 1996, Gooding starred with Tom Cruise in Cameron Crowe’s hit film “Jerry Maguire,” as a dazzling football player. He won an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his performance.
- Gooding’s breakthrough roles in the films “As Good as It Gets” (1997), “What Dreams May Come” (1998), and “Men of Honor” (2001) followed (2000).
- Gooding’s roles in films such as “Pearl Harbor,” “Rat Race,” “The Fighting Temptations,” “Radio,” “Snow Dogs,” “American Gangster,” “Lies & Illusions,” and “The Hit List” drew him even more notoriety.
- In 2009, Gooding received critical acclaim for his portrayal of Ben Carson in the historical film “Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story.”
- Following that, he participated in the 2012 World War II film “Red Tails” and the historical drama “Selma” (2014).
- Gooding starred in a Fox TV pilot in 2012.
- In 2013, Gooding played one of the most important roles in the film “The Butler.”
- He appeared in TV programs and shows such as “Big Time in Hollywood, FL” and “Firelight” shortly after.
- In 2016, Gooding starred in the popular anthology series “American Crime Story: The People v. O. J. Simpson” as O. J. Simpson.
- “Bayou Caviar,” his directorial debut, was released on October 5, 2018.
- Gooding was honored with a star on the “Hollywood Walk of Fame” in 2002.
Who is Cuba Gooding Jr Married to?
Cuba Gooding Jr. is now without a partner. Sara Kapfer, Gooding’s high school sweetheart, was his first wife. The pair married in 1994 and have three children: two sons called Spencer and Mason, as well as a daughter named Piper. Kapfer filed for legal separation from Gooding after 20 years of marriage, and the couple separated in January 2017.
On June 13, 2019, Gooding was charged with forceful touching and sexual abuse in the third degree in New York City, and he was indicted on a second, supplementary sexual abuse accusation on October 10, 2019. However, he pled not guilty to the accusations on October 15, 2019.
How Tall is Cuba Gooding Jr?
Cuba Gooding Jr., a 51-year-old actor, maintains a muscular physique. Gooding is a tall man, standing at 5ft. 10inches (1.78m) and weighing roughly 81kg (179 lbs). He wears a size 10 shoe (US). Gooding has a dark complexion and dark brown eyes, as well as black hair.
Quick Facts About Cuba Gooding Jr.
|Celebrated Name||Cuba Gooding Jr.|
|Birth Name||Cuba Mark Gooding Jr.|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Place Of Birth||The Bronx, New York|
|Best Known For||One of the highest paid prolific actors|
|Father||Cuba Gooding Sr.|
|Brothers||Omar and Thomas|
|School||North Hollywood High School|
|High School||Tustin High School, Apple Valley High School, and John F. Kennedy High School|
|Marital Status||Married and Divorced|
|Married Date||1994 A.D.|
|Net Worth||$24 million|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Son||Spencer and Mason|