Diplo is a DJ, songwriter, and record producer from the United States. He is best known for co-founding and leading the electronic dancehall music group “Major Lazer.” He is also half of the Jack U duo with Skrillex, and later created the LSD supergroup with Sia and Labrinth. He is also the co-creator of the non-profit organization “Heaps Decent” and the founder of the record label “Mad Decent.” “Revolution,” Diplo’s 2013 EP, was such a hit that it was utilized in a Hyundai ad and in the WWE 2K16 soundtrack.
Diplo has three Grammy wins to his name and has over 5.8 million Instagram followers under the handle @diplo.
What is the Net Worth of Diplo?
Diplo, a well-known DJ, earns a lot of money from his job and professional career as a DJ, songwriter, and record producer. Diplo has amassed a million-dollar fortune over the course of a decade in the music industry, thanks to his numerous blockbuster albums, tours, and collaborations. He has released multiple smash Grammy-winning tracks with his groups “Major Lazer,” “Jack U,” and “LSD,” resulting in unquestionably millions of dollars in revenues.
His current estimated net worth is to be approximately $30 million. Diplo has over 2.8 million subscribers on his YouTube channels, “Diplo,” over 3.1 million on “Jack Ü,” over 1.3 million on “Mad Decent,” and over 13.3 million on “Major Lazer,” and has a per post profits of roughly $11,336 – $18,893.
What is Diplo Famous for?
- Famous as a Grammy-winning DJ.
- Known as the co-creator of the popular music band, “Major Lazer”.
Where was Diplo Born?
Diplo was born in Tupelo, Mississippi, in the United States, on November 10, 1978. Thomas Wesley Pentz is his given name. He is an American citizen. Diplo is of White ethnicity, of German and English ancestry, and his zodiac sign is Scorpio.
Diplo is the son of Barbara Jean (mother) and Thomas Pentz (father) (father). He grew up in Tupelo, Mississippi, where his hometown’s influence shaped Diplo’s producing approach. He had an early interest in music, particularly rap and electronic music, and he even developed a liking for the distinctive Miami bass while in Miami.
Diplo began attending the University of Central Florida in 1997, during which time he worked as a DJ at Rollins College’s radio station, WPRK. He later relocated to Philadelphia to finish his education at Temple University, where he initially gained notoriety as a DJ.
In 2003, he and fellow DJ Low Budget started throwing events under the Hooked on Hollertronix alias after becoming friends. Following the publication of their individual mixtapes, which received critical praise around the country, one of them, “Never Scared,” was selected one of The New York Times’ top ten albums of 2003.
Diplo’s Career Highlights:
- ‘Florida’ was released in 2004 on Ninja Tune offshoot Big Dada Records and reissued in 2014 as F10rida with 10 more tracks.
- Then Diplo developed “The Mausoleum”, a recording and video studio used by Shakira, Plastic Little, and Scream.
- M.I.A. heard one of Diplo’s songs in 2004 and approached him while he was DJing at London’s Fabric Club.
The New York Times and Pitchfork Media named M.I.A. and Diplo’s mixtape “Piracy Funds Terrorism Vol. 1” a “Album of the Year.” In 2005, he joined her Arular Tour.
- M.I.A introduced Diplo to DJ Switch, and the two collaborated on the Grammy-nominated hit “Paper Planes,” which reached #4 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- Snoop Dogg and Shakira are among his many collaborators as a producer. Then he worked on “Mad Descent”, a project experimenting with Brazilian sounds.
- Since then, it has worked with musicians like Gucci Mane, Rusko, and Jamie Fanatic. It has also worked with artists including Lil Wayne, Britney Spears, Usher, Justin Bieber, and Ariana Grande.
Over 100 million Spotify streams.
- On October 16, 2015, Diplo and Sleepy Tom released “Be Right There,” which has over 100 million Spotify streams.
- Diplo produced two tracks on Beyoncé’s album “All Night”, one of which went platinum on June 8, 2016.
Diplo later established “Jack Ü” with DJ Skrillex, and their debut joint album “Skrillex and Diplo Presents Jack U” was out on February 27, 2015. One of their biggest hits, “Where Are U Now”, featuring Justin Bieber, has over a billion views on YouTube.
- Diplo formed “LSD” alongside Sia and Labrinth. “Labrinth, Sia & Diplo Present… LSD” came out on April 12, 2019.
- Dj Diplo and Mark Ronson released “Only Can Get Better” with Daniel Merriweather on May 23, 2018.
This includes The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, Good Morning America, iHeartRadio, NRJ Music Awards 2015, and 2016 Grammys.
- In Imtiaz Ali’s film “Jab Harry Met Sejal”, starring Shah Rukh Khan and Anushka Sharma, he sung the song “Phurrr”.
- In May 2020, Fortnite’s new party mode held a Diplo concert.
- Downtown Records signed Diplo and his collaborator DJ Switch for a joint project that led to the development of “Major Lazer”.
- “Guns Don’t Kill People… Lazers Do” was followed by “Pon De Floor”, which was sampled by Beyoncé’s “Run the World (Girls)”.
- Major Lazer’s first EP, “Lazers Never Die,” was out in 2010, and “Free the Universe” came out in 2013.
- Released June 1, 2016, “Peace Is the Mission” features the smash tune “Lean On” with over 2 billion views on YouTube.
- On July 22, 2016, the quartet released “Cold Water”, a collaboration featuring Justin Bieber and M.
Major Lazer and Bad Royale released “My Number” on November 29, 2016.
- In June 2020, their latest album, “Lazerism”, featuring Sia and Nicki Minaj will be released.
Diplo along with DJ Skrillex won two Grammy Awards including:
- “Grammy Award for Best Dance Album” for “Skrillex and Diplo present Jack Ü”(2016)
- “Grammy Award for Best Dance” for “Where Are Ü Now?” with Justin Bieber (2016)
- “Grammy Award for Best Dance” for “Electricity” (2019)
- GAFFA-Prisen Awards for Best International Artist (2019)
- Electronic Music Awards for Radio Show of the Year (2017)
- UK Music Video Awards for Best Styling in a Video for “Earthquake” (2013)
Who is Diplo Married to?
He is the father of two sons, Lazer and Lockett, from his previous marriage to Katherine Lockhart. Diplo welcomed his third kid, Pace, with Jevon King, a Trinidadian model and Miss Universe Trinidad and Tobago 2014 title holder, on March 20, 2020.
He formerly dated Madonna, Katy Perry, and M.I.A., among other well-known women. After being photographed together at an Oscars after-party in 2017, Diplo and Kate Hudson, an actress, fueled dating speculations.
Diplo is also a soccer and cricket lover who cheers on the United States men’s national team, the Philadelphia 76ers, and Arsenal F.C. He produced the official song “Live It Up” for the 2018 World Cup and developed a mix for the 2014 World Cup. Diplo was also featured on the cover of the American entertainment media magazine Billboard on June 9, 2016.
How Tall is Diplo?
Diplo is a 40-year-old man with a good-looking, attractive appearance. He has a well-kept athletic body and several tattoos all over his body. He stands at a height of 5ft. 10inches (1.78 m) and weighs approximately 86kg. He has a fair complexion and blue eyes, as well as long light brown hair.
He has a masculine body with a chest measurement of 41 inches, a waist measurement of 34 inches, and biceps measurement of 15 inches.
Quick Facts About :