Former California State Senator Eric Michael Swalwell Jr., better known by his stage name Eric Swalwell, is an American politician who has served as the United States Representative representing California’s 15 congressional districts since 2013. His district encompasses the majority of eastern Alameda County as well as a portion of central Contra Costa. Mr. Stark, who had held the position since 1973, was defeated in the November 2012 election, and he was elected in November of that same year. He began working on the 3rd of January, 2013. As a member of the Democratic Party, he is very well-known. More information can be found in the biography provided below.
What is the Net Worth of Eric Swalwell?
Eric Swalwell is a very well-known politician who has achieved a great deal of notoriety and wealth as a result of his political career. Many individuals are interested in learning how much Eric Swalwell is worth. Eric’s net worth is projected to be $2 million, and he earns $174 thousand dollars per year in this position. He is making a substantial amount of money from his profession, and there is no doubt that he is happy with his financial situation. Furthermore, he earns a substantial amount of money from a variety of different sources.
Eric Swalwell is the first Democrat to drop out of 2020 race:
After failing to garner traction in the crowded Democratic primary field, Eric Swalwell has become the first presidential contender to withdraw from the 2020 presidential primary contest. His decision to cancel a Fourth of July event last week prompted speculation about his presidential campaign. Following former West Virginia State Sen. Richard Ojeda’s brief debut into the presidential race earlier this year, he becomes the second Democrat to withdraw from the race, reducing the field of candidates to 23 from the initial field of 28.
After criticizing former Vice President Joe Biden and other older Democratic contenders during the first Democratic primary debate last week, the California Democrat declared that they must “transfer the torch” to a new generation of leadership. The California Democratic Party’s Swalwell told reporters at a press conference on Monday that “we have to be honest about the viability of our own candidacy.” “Today marks the conclusion of our presidential campaign, but it also marks the beginning of a chance in Congress to bring a fresh perspective fashioned by the lives that have been affected by me and my campaign over the past few months to bear in Congress.”
- commissions and serving one term as a member of the Dublin City Council.
- On April 8, 2019, he will officially announce his bid for the Democratic presidential nomination.
Early Life of Eric Swalwell:
Eric Swalwell was born on the 16th of November 1980 in the city of Sac City, in the state of Iowa. As of 2018, he is 38 years old. He was born to a father named Eric Nelson Swalwell and a mother named Vicky Joe Swalwell in the city of Los Angeles, California. His father worked as the police chief in the town of Algona, Iowa. He is of American nationality and of Caucasian ancestry, and he is married. Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of the eponymous character. He received his diplomas from Wells Middle School in 1997 and Dublin High School in 1999, respectively. Campbell University in North Carolina, where he received a soccer scholarship from 1999 to 2001, was his final stop before graduating. He was a junior when he decided to move to the University of Maryland, College Park. In 2003, he graduated from the University of Maryland with a bachelor’s degree in government and politics. He went on to study law at the University of Maryland School of Law, where he graduated with a Juris Doctorate in 2006.
Body Measurements of Eric Swalwell :
Even though he is 28 years old, Eric Swalwell still appears to be in his twenties, with a gorgeous smile on his lips that draws a large number of people to him. In terms of height and weight, he stands at 6 feet tall and weighs 88 kg, which is considered a healthy body weight. Seth’s hair is a light brown tone, and his eyes are the color of Hazel. Unfortunately, his other bodily measurements, such as his shoe size, bicep size, and other details, have not yet been released, but they will be in the near future.
Career of Eric Swalwell:
- Eric Swalwell’s professional background includes working as an intern for Ellen Tauscher in the United States House of Representatives in 2001 and 2002.
- He was primarily concerned with legislative research, as well as outreach and assistance to constituents.
- In September 2011, he announced his intention to run for Congress in California’s 15th congressional district.
- In the general election in November 2012, he received the endorsement of the San Francisco Chronicle.
- On January 3, 2013, he was sworn into his first term in the House of Representatives.
- On the 12th of December, 2013, he introduced the Philippines Charitable Giving Assistance Act into the House of Representatives.
- Hugh Bussell, a Republican, ran against him in the 2014 election.
- On January 3, 2015, he was sworn in for his second term as President of the United States.
- In 2015, he co-founded the bipartisan Sharing Economy Caucus with Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA) to advocate for the sharing economy.
- In 2016, he faced a primary challenge from Republican Danny Reid Turner of Livermore.
- He has been appointed as co-chair of the Democratic Steering and Policy Committee, where he will work alongside Rosa DeLauro.
- On January 3, 2017, he was sworn in for his third term in office.
- Rudy Peters of Livermore, a Republican, ran against him in the 2018 election.
- On the 3rd of January, 2019, he was sworn in for his fourth term.
- On April 8, 2019, Eric announced his candidacy on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, hosted by Stephen Colbert.
- In addition, he posted a campaign advertisement announcing his candidacy on his social media platforms.
- On the 14th of April, he made a formal statement at Dublin High School in Dublin, Ireland.
- On the 8th of July, he announced his withdrawal from the fight for the Democratic candidacy.
Marital Status (Married), Wife, Children:
Eric Swalwell is a married man who has been married twice so far in his career. He and his first wife are no longer together. Brittany Ann Watts was the name of his second wife, whom he married. In October 2016, his wife Brittany began working as a sales director at the Ritz-Carlton in Half Moon Bay. The couple has two children: Eric Nelson Swalwell, who is the eldest, and Kathryn Watts Swalwell, the youngest. As of today, the couple is enjoying a blissful marriage with no signs of divorce or other marital difficulties. The couple appears to be really amorous to one another and to provide excellent support for one another. Holding hands in public places is something the couple is frequently seen doing. They are having a great time in their lives.
Quick Facts About Eric Swalwell
|Celebrated Name||Eric Swalwell|
|Nick Name||Eric Swalwell|
|Birth Name||Eric Michael Swalwell Jr|
|Place Of Birth||Sac City, lowa,U.S|
|Father||Eric Nelson Swalwell|
|Mother||Vicky Joe Swalwell|
|Married Date||October, 2016|
|Salary||$174K per year|
|Net Worth||$ 2 million|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|