What is Felix Trinidad’s net worth?
The estimated net worth of Felix Trinidad as of November 2022 is $30 Million.
49 years old
January 10, 1973
1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)
Country of Origin:
Source of Wealth:
Table of Bio/Wiki
- 1 Who is Felix Trinidad? What is his Profession and Nationality?
- 2 Felix Trinidad Facts
- 3 Early Life, Birthdate, Birthplace and Family of Felix Trinidad
- 4 Professional Career of Felix Trinidad
- 5 Felix Trinidad’s Career Earnings
- 6 Felix Trinidad’s Net Worth Annually
- 7 Personal Life of Felix Trinidad
- 8 Awards & Achievements for Felix Trinidad
- 9 How Does Felix Trinidad Spend His Money?
- 10 Highlights
- 11 What are the famous quotes from Felix Trinidad?
- 12 3 Amazing Lessons From Felix Trinidad
- 13 Summary
Who is Felix Trinidad? What is his Profession and Nationality?
Felix Trinidad, a former professional boxer from Puerto Rico, is renowned for amassing numerous world titles throughout his career.
After leaving professional boxing, he transitioned into wrestling and frequently defended his championship titles.
Felix Trinidad’s projected net worth as of November 2022 is $30 Million.
You may also like; Miguel Cotto Net Worth
Felix Trinidad Facts
- Felix Trinidad won titles from the World Boxing Association and the World Boxing Council in addition to the International Boxing Federation.
- In 1990, when battling Jake Rodriguez, he sustained a hand injury and was forced to take a break from fighting.
- In total, Trinidad has won an amazing five major world championships, including four in the welterweight class.
- In 2000, The Ring magazine and the Boxing Writers Association of America selected him as their Fighter of the Year.
- Trinidad was honored for his contributions to the sport by being inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame in 2014.
Early Life, Birthdate, Birthplace and Family of Felix Trinidad
Born on January 10, 1973, in Fajardo, Puerto Rico, to a Puerto Rican family, Félix Juan Trinidad Garca later moved to Cupey Alto as a youngster.
His future wife, Sharon Santiago, whom Felix tried to impress as a young man with his red Ford Mustang, was reared in the same neighborhood as him.
Before going professional at the age of 17, Trinidad began boxing as an amateur. During his amateur career, he won 42 matches while suffering only three losses.
Professional Career of Felix Trinidad
Felix Trinidad participated in the welterweight division for the most of his professional boxing career, winning the title early on.
Don King, a renowned boxing promoter, became aware of him after he won the title in 1993 by defeating Maurice Blocker.
Soon after, Trinidad won several more contests, including his matchup with Oscar De La Hoya, where he prevailed in the final two rounds.
Soon Trinidad was regarded as one of the greatest Puerto Rican fighters of all time, standing with Juan Laporte and Miguel Cotto.
After switching to the light middleweight class in 2000, Trinidad faced Fernando Vargas that year and defeated him by knockout.
He kept boxing up until 2009, when he announced his retirement from the sport and started working as a guest referee for the World Wrestling Council.
Felix Trinidad’s Career Earnings
Felix Trinidad has made a good living as a professional boxer, even though his career earnings are fewer than those of the wealthiest athletes in the world.
Trinidad received prize money of an estimated $85 million throughout the course of his career, the most of which came between the mid-1990s and the mid-2000s.
His ability to earn money overall has decreased since he retired from boxing, even though he still does so through his profession in wrestling.
Felix Trinidad’s Net Worth Annually
Felix Trinidad, who declared bankruptcy in 2017, had a net worth that was apparently much more at the height of his career than it is now.
He argued that the acquisition of Puerto Rican government bonds he made was fraudulent for three years in court proceedings against Banco Popular de Rico.
These investments cost him and his father an estimated $63 million in losses, bringing his net worth to its present level.
Personal Life of Felix Trinidad
Felix Trinidad started dating Sharon Santiago when he was young, despite her father’s objections about her dating an athlete.
After gaining her family’s trust, the pair wed and have four daughters together.
Trinidad continues to update his loyal fan base on his most recent wrestling endeavors via his official Instagram account.
Awards & Achievements for Felix Trinidad
Felix Trinidad has an outstanding career record in three weight classes and has competed against some of the richest fighters in the world.
He has won numerous world titles in these divisions, many of them via knockout.
Here are some major triumphs and titles won by Felix Trinidad during his career:
- 1990: Felix Trinidad wins his first professional fight against Angel Romero, defeating his opponent in the second round.
- 1993: He defeats Maurice Blocker to win the IBF welterweight championship.
- 1999: His win against Oscar De La Hoya is his biggest victory to date, and one of the best punchers of all time.
- 2000: Trinidad wins the light middleweight division title after defeating David Reid.
- 2004: In a comeback fight, he defeats Ricardo Mayorga with a technical knockout.
These are only a few examples of his successes; the champion has frequently successfully defended his championships.
Since leaving the world of professional boxing, he has been actively involved in the world of professional wrestling, and his new endeavors are expected to be much more successful.
How Does Felix Trinidad Spend His Money?
Given Felix Trinidad’s experiences with the Puerto Rican government bonds and the huge loss to his personal worth, little is known about how he spends his money.
In 2010, he expressed interest in buying the Changos de Naranjito, a Puerto Rican professional volleyball team.
In 2019, a set of Trinidad’s boxing gloves that had been auctioned off at Sotheby’s only brought in $90.
Trinidad has established himself as one of the greatest boxers in the history of the sport thanks to his prodigious winning streak.
In several of his career’s high points, he successfully defended his titles while also coming back twice.
Here are a few of Felix Trinidad’s greatest achievements:
- 1989: Trinidad’s amateur boxing career culminates with him becoming champion in the International Boxing Federation.
- 1990: His career as a professional boxer begins when he is just 17 years old.
- 1994: Trinidad fights in Las Vegas for the first time, defending his title from Hector Camacho.
- 2000: He moves to the light middleweight division to challenge the World Boxing Association’s champion, David Reid.
- 2008: Trinidad makes a second comeback before his retirement the following year.
This tremendous resume of professional achievements identifies Trinidad as a great champion and expert in his field.
His continuous involvement in professional wrestling and other commercial endeavors should increase Trinidad’s chances of success in the future.
What are the famous quotes from Felix Trinidad?
Felix Trinidad is a great inspiration because of his outstanding career as a world champion and the several other boxing triumphs he has to his credit.
On numerous occasions, he has discussed his perspectives on the sport, what he gives up for the training, and how he wants to be remembered.
Here are some of Felix Trinidad’s best quotations:
- “It was an easier life. It is a very relaxed life with my family. When I am boxing I have a lot more responsibility on my shoulders. I have to sacrifice for training.” – Felix Trinidad
- “Everywhere I went people were screaming for me to come back, and then you have my promoter, Don King, who has been persuing me to convince me to come back and box, and finally myself.” – Felix Trinidad
- “I want to be remembered as a great champion; that I always went into the ring and gave my best as a fighter that fought for all of my fans; as a person, that I did my best in everything that I do.” – Felix Trinidad
- “I have to work hard to prepare for every fight. I run early in the morning. Then I go to the gym in the afternoon and work on my boxing.” – Felix Trinidad
- “Right now, I just want to get a victory and celebrate that with all of the fans that will be in New York and then go home to celebrate with all of the fans in Puerto Rico.” – Felix Trinidad
3 Amazing Lessons From Felix Trinidad
We’ll discuss various ways Felix Trinidad’s life and experiences can serve as motivation now that you are fully aware of his net worth.
Many people have been motivated to work hard and succeed by his tremendous dedication to his training regimen and followers.
The following are some of Felix Trinidad’s most insightful success advice:
1. Exercise Caution When Investing Your Money
Everyone can learn a valuable lesson about investing from Felix Trinidad’s dramatic decline in assets and net worth as a result of his purchase of government bonds.
Instead of putting all of your proverbial eggs in one basket, make sure to spread your investments across several different industries.
2. Keep pursuing your goals
Even after receiving numerous rejections and her father’s disapproval, Trinidad sought a relationship with his future bride from a young age.
Trinidad married his childhood sweetheart and they had multiple children as a result of his commitment.
3. Never Rule Out A Comeback
As a boxer, Felix Trinidad has made not just one incredible comeback, but two, demonstrating that he still possesses the necessary skills to triumph.
This essay on Puerto Rican boxer Felix Trinidad’s professional boxing career and wealth comes to a close.
Despite the fact that his net worth has drastically decreased since the height of his career, he still has a stake in professional sports.
Due to his ongoing involvement in wrestling, his net worth is likely to change once more. Check back here for the most recent information as it becomes available.
Felix Trinidad’s projected net worth as of November 2022 is $30 Million.