One of the best English strikers in history is currently a sports presenter and former professional footballer named Gary Lineker. He started playing football in 1978 for Leicester City, where he eventually finished as the 1984–1985 First Division’s joint-leading scorer. With 10 goals scored, he holds the record for England in the FIFA World Cup finals. He made his England debut in 1984 and is now the third-highest scorer for England with 80 caps and 48 goals in eight years of international play. Linekera won the Golden Boot and was the tournament’s leading scorer in 1986.
Gary Lineker was admitted to the English Football Hall of Fame after his football career was over. His media career began with the BBC, where he has since the late 1990s presented the network’s premier football show Match of the Day. He has additionally worked for NBC Sports Network, Al Jazeera Sports, Eredivisie Live, and BT Sport’s coverage of the UEFA Champions League.
Table of Bio/Wiki
What is Gary Lineker’s net worth?
Soccer player and sportscaster Gary Lineker is expected to have a net worth of $35 million by 2023. His radio work is his primary source of income, and he is currently leading a luxurious life. Through both his media profession and his football career, he has been able to amass considerable fortune. He has a professional career and earns a salary of about $2 million per year. His personal possessions include a magnificent home and a first-rate vehicle. He currently leads a rich and opulent lifestyle.
What has Gary Lineker been famous for?
Former professional soccer player Gary Lineker now works as a sportscaster.
As a powerful striker for England at the international level and for clubs like Leicester City, Everton, Barcelona, and Tottenham Hotspur at the club level, Gary was renowned for his precise finishing skills.
The day of Gary Lineker’s birth was November 30, 1960. He is of British nationality and hails from Leicester, England. He is British-White in ethnicity. Gary Linekera goes by Gary Winston Lineker in full. He shares a birthday with Winston Churchill, whose middle name he adopted. He is the son of Barry Lineker and Margaret P. (Abbs), his parents (father). Wayne, his brother, who is two years younger than him, was a part of his upbringing. He played football with his sibling for most of his formative years. His 62nd birthday was observed in 2022. Gary’s zodiac sign is a Scorpio, according to his birthdate on November 30. He practices Christianity as his religion.
Gary went to Caldecote Road School for his formal education. The City of Leicester Boys’ Grammar School was his next stop (now the City of Leicester College). At graduation, he had four O Levels. He “concentrates too much on football,” according to one of his teachers, who also noted that he “would never earn a life at that.”
Facts About Gary Lineker
|Celebrated Name||Gary Lineker|
|Age||62 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Gary Lineker|
|Place Of Birth||Leicester|
|Mother||Margaret P. (Abbs)|
|School||Caldecote Road School|
|Wife||Michelle Cockayne (Divorce), Danielle Bux (Divorce)|
|Children||4; George, Harry, Tobias and Angus|
|Net Worth||$35 Million|
you may like: Vince Lombardi Net Worth, Bio, relationship
Career in Media
- Gary started working in the media at BBC Radio 5 Live when he retired. He then served as the BBC’s football coverage anchorman, hosting shows like Match of the Day and serving as a team captain on the game show They Think It’s All Over from 1995 until 2003. Additionally, he broadcast Grandstand from the London studio.
- After that, he made an appearance in the Arthur Smith and Chris England play An Evening with Gary Lineker from 1991. Additionally, he hosted the six-part Golden Boots TV series for the BBC in 1998.
- In 2001, he had an appearance on Brass Eye. In 2002, he also made a brief appearance in the movie Bend It Like Beckham. Australian footballer Harry Kewell sued him for defamation in 2005.
- In his Sunday Telegraph column, he had built a name for himself. In 2006, he then began speaking as the voice of Underground Ernie.
- In December 2008, he made an appearance on the ITV1 show Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? In May 2010, he gave notice of his resignation as a writer for The Mail on Sunday.
- In 2013, he started working for NBCSN, contributing to Match of the Day in the US and covering the Premier League. On June 9th, 2015, he was introduced as the primary host of BT Sport’s Champions League coverage.
On August 13, 2016, he presented the opening Match of the Day of the 2016–2017 season while wearing nothing but boxer shorts.
- In July 2018, he declared his support for People’s Vote, an organization advocating for a popular vote on the UK and EU’s final Brexit agreement. He has starred in several commercials for the Walkers food firm, which is situated in Leicester.
- On October 18, 2016, he responded through Twitter to a claim made by MP David Davies that migrants coming to the UK should get dental exams to confirm their age: “Some have treated these young children in an appallingly prejudiced and inhumane manner. What is going on with our nation?” The Sun called for Lineker to be fired from Match of the Day as a result, alleging that he had broken BBC impartiality rules.
- Because Lineker is a freelance broadcaster and his BBC appearances do not address politics, he was excluded from the organization’s social media impartiality policies in 2018. The BBC upheld a complaint in 2022 regarding a tweet from Lineker that made reference to donations to the Conservative Party on the grounds that it violated social media usage policies and fell short of editorial standards for objectivity.
- In May 2014, Gary co-founded Goalhanger Films Ltd. with Tony Pastor, a former ITV Controller. Throughout the 2014 FIFA World Cup, he posted a number of brief Goalhanger Films videos with the moniker Blahzil on YouTube.
- In May 2015, the business created a 60-minute documentary for the BBC called Gary Lineker on the Road to FA Cup Glory, which was hosted by Lineker.
Who is the wife of Gary Lineker?
A divorced and remarried man, Gary Lineker. Gary is not presently dating anyone and is currently single. He is content and unbothered in his solitary life, living it to the fullest. He is not gay and has a straight sexual orientation.
First, in 1986, Gary wed Michelle Cockayne. George, Harry, Tobias, and Angus are four of their sons from their marriage. Early in the 1990s, George, his eldest child, beat a rare form of leukemia while receiving care at London’s Great Ormond Street Hospital. Michelle filed for divorce from Gary in May 2006, citing his allegedly “unreasonable behavior.” According to court filings, Michelle claimed that Lineker’s activities during their marriage had given her “stress and anxiety.” Following his divorce from Michelle, he wed model and actress Danielle Bux on September 2, 2009, in Ravello, Italy. They started dating in September 2007 and had been together for about a year. In 2016, the couple divorced. Gary’s stated disinterest in having more kids was cited as the cause.
Gary Lineker, 62, maintains a dashing appearance and an athletic physique. He stands at a tall 5 feet 9 inches and weighs 74 kg, which is his balanced, well-maintained bodyweight. He has a radiant face and an endearing smile, which have helped him capture the interest of all the viewers. His eyes are dark brown, and he has grey hair. His short, straight hair has a straight texture. He has a neat mustache and beard and a friendly smile. He has a generally sound body.
- At Leicester City, he started playing football in 1978.
- With 10 goals scored, he holds the record for England in the FIFA World Cup finals.
- In 1984, he made his England debut.
- He is presently the host of BT Sport’s UEFA Champions League coverage.