George Shapiro is a television producer and talented manager from the United States. He’s also known for being one of show business’s best and most successful managers. He’s also recognized for representing Carl Reiner, Andy Kaufman, and Jerry Seinfeld, as well as serving as a producer on the popular comedy Seinfeld.
What is the Net Worth of George Shapiro?
George Shapiro makes a good living as a talent manager and television producer in the United States. He has worked as a producer on a number of television shows, movies, and shows, which has added to his entire riches.
A talent manager’s annual pay in the United States of America is roughly $123 thousand. As a result, we might suppose that Shapiro earns a good living as a talent manager. George Shapiro’s net worth is projected to be more than $50 million as of 2019.
Early life and Family
George was born in the Bronx, New York City, on May 18, 1931. He is descended from a Jewish family. George is of Caucasian ancestry and is an American citizen. There is no information available about his relatives.
In the third grade, George Shapiro met his future business partner Howard West at P.S. 80, DeWitt Clinton School. Shapiro went on to New York University after that. He earned his bachelor’s degree from New York University.
Professional Career and Life
George began his career in the mailroom of the William Morris Agency in New York City. His commitment earned him the title of corporate agent. One of George’s first duties was to accompany Elvis Presley on The Ed Sullivan Show. Later in his career, George began packaging shows such as The Steve Allen Show, That Girl with Marlo Thoma, and Gomer Pyle with Jim Nabors.
View this post on Instagram
Shapiro left William Morris to work as a producer and personal manager alongside her lover and friend Howard West in order to advance his career. Shapiro West Productions was formed by them, and the Peabody, Emmy, and Golden Globe award-winning sitcom Seinfeld was executive produced by them.
In addition, he and his partner for West acted as executive producers on the 1999 Universal movie Man on the Moon, which starred Jim Carrey as Andy Kaufman and Danny DeVito as Shapiro. On June 30, 2012, members of the comedy community met at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Beverly Hills to honor Shapiro.
Films as a Producer
- 2011 Colin Quinn: Long Story Short – Comedy Special
- 2010-11 The Marriage Ref – 22 episodes
- 2013 The Bronx Boys Still Playing at 80 – Documentary
- 2016-17 The Dick Van Dyke Show: Now in Living Color! – Television Special
- 2017 If You’re Not in the Obit, Eat Breakfast – Documentary, HBO
- 2017 Jerry Before Seinfeld – Comedy Special, Netflix; final film role
Films as an Actor
- 1999 Man on the Moon as Mr. Besserman
- 2002 Comedian Himself – Documentary
- 2009 Curb Your Enthusiasm as Himself (cameo) – Episode: Seinfeld
- 2016 Dying Laughing as Himself – Documentary
- 2017 If You’re Not in the Obit, Eat Breakfast as Himself – Documentary, HBO
- 2017 Jim & Andy: The Great Beyond as Himself – Documentary, Netflix
- 2019 The Bronx, the USA as Himself – Documentary
Award and Nomination
- 1993 Outstanding Comedy Series(Won)
- 1994 Outstanding Comedy Series(Nominated)
- 1995 Outstanding Comedy Series(Nominated)
- Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Special A Comedy Salute to Andy Kaufman(Nominated)
- 1996 Outstanding Comedy Series Seinfeld(Nominated)
- 1997 Outstanding Comedy Series (Nominated)
- 1998 Outstanding Comedy Series (Nominated)
- 2016 Outstanding Variety Talk Series Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee (Nominated)
- 2019 Outstanding Informational Series (Nominated)
Controversy and rumors
Until now, George has never been involved in any rumors or scandal. He would rather enjoy his personal life than combine it with his business life.
The outstanding producer and talent manager is 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighs approximately 60 kilograms. His hair is silver-white in color, and his eyes are brown.
George Shapiro is a well-known producer with 3.2k Instagram followers and 1.3k Twitter followers. He isn’t on Facebook, Tiktok, or Youtube, however.
Quick Facts of George Shapiro
|Age:||90 years 8 months|
|Birth Date:||May 18, 1931|
|Full Name:||George Shapiro|
|Birth Place:||New York, USA|
|Net Worth:||$50 million|
|Height / How tall :||5 feet 8 inches (1.73m)|
|Education:||New York University|
|Hair Color:||Silver White|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Virgo, Cancer, Capricorn|
|Last Update:||January, 2022|