Table of Bio/Wiki
Hilary Swank is an American actress and film producer best known for her role as Brandon Teena in the biographical drama film “Boys Don’t Cry,” in which she played a trans guy (1999). She won her first Academy Award for Best Actress and the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress for her outstanding performance. Swank’s performance as Maggie Fitzgerald in Clint Eastwood’s sports drama “Million Dollar Baby” earned her her second Academy Award nomination (2004).
Swank began her career in 1992 with a modest role in “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” and has since established herself as one of Hollywood’s most gifted actors, winning over 55 awards. Swank is very active on social media, with over 1 million Instagram followers under the handle @hilaryswank.
Hilary Swank’s Net Worth:
Hilary Swank has a sizable net worth as a result of her acting career. Swank, who has been in show business for almost 28 years, has amassed a sizable wealth from her numerous films, series, and short films.
Her estimated net worth is around $40 million.
Swank was just a normal teen girl from a normal home who had nothing except a dream to perform and express herself through it. Swank got only $75 a day for her efforts on “Boys Don’t Cry” throughout filming, resulting in a total of $3,000. Swank now has a million-dollar fortune beyond her wildest dreams.
What is Hilary Swank Famous for?
- As an Academy Award-winning actress, she is well-known.
- She is best known for her starring roles in the films “Boys Don’t Cry” (1999) and “Million Dollar Baby” (2004).
Where was Hilary Swank Born?
Hilary Swank was born in the United States on July 30, 1974, in Lincoln, Nebraska. Hilary Ann Swank is her given name. He is an American citizen. Swank is of mixed heritage, and her zodiac sign is Leo.
Hilary was the youngest child of Stephen Michael Swank (father) and Judy Kay Swank (mother) (mother). Her father, Stephen, served in the Oregon Air National Guard as a Chief Master Sergeant, while her mother, Judy, worked as a secretary cum dancer. Hilary’s parents divorced when she was 15 years old, and her mother raised her on her own. Daniel Swank, her older brother, is eight years older than she is.
Swank’s family hails from Ringgold County, Iowa, where he grew up. Furthermore, Frances Martha Clough, her maternal grandmother, was of Mexican heritage, whereas her paternal grandmother was born in England.
Hilary’s family relocated to a property on Lake Samish in Bellingham, Washington, when she was six years old, and she attended Happy Valley Elementary School, Fairhaven Middle School, and ultimately Sehome High School until she was sixteen.
Swank has always had a passion for acting and sports, having competed in the Junior Olympics and Washington state finals in swimming, where she placed fifth in all-around gymnastics. Swank made her stage debut when she was nine years old, in the film “The Jungle Book.”
Swank’s mother went to Los Angeles, California, when her parents separated, where they struggled to make ends meet while living out of their car until Swank’s mother saved enough money to rent an apartment.
Swank enrolled in South Pasadena High School in California, but was expelled after declaring she didn’t belong there.
Hilary Swank’s Career Highlights:
- In 1992, Hilary Swank made her cinematic debut as Kimberly Hannah in “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” a comedic horror flick.
- She later starred alongside Chad Lowe in the direct-to-video movie “Quiet Days in Hollywood.”
- Swank made her debut as Julie Pierce in “The Next Karate Kid,” the fourth edition of the Karate Kid franchise, in 1994.
- In the 1994 television drama “Cries Unheard: The Donna Yaklich Story,” she played Patty Yaklich.
- She played Michelle Porter in the horror film “Sometimes They Come Back… Again” in 1996, as well as Colleen in the crime thriller “Kounterfeit.” In the same year, she appeared in the television film “Terror in the Family” as Deena Marten.
- Swank also starred as Carly Reynolds, a single mother, in the adolescent drama “Beverly Hills, 90210” for 16 episodes in 1997.
- Swank’s biggest break came in 1999, when she portrayed Brandon Teena, a trans guy, in the biographical drama film “Boys Don’t Cry.” Her performance was nominated for an Academy Award and was named the finest female performance of 1999.
- “The Gift,” “The Audition,” “The Affair of the Necklace,” “Insomnia,” “The Core,” “11:14,” and “Red Dust” were among the films she released in 2000.
- With her part as Maggie Fitzgerald, a female boxer in Clint Eastwood’s 2004 film “Million Dollar Baby,” she scored yet another breakthrough. Her second Academy Award was given for her performance.
- Swank inked a three-year deal with Guerlain to be the face of the Insolence women’s fragrance in 2006.
- In 2007, she acted as the lead in the drama film “Freedom Writers,” which was based on the true story of Erin Gruwell, a real-life teacher. In the same year, she appeared in the horror thriller “The Reaping” and the romance drama “P.S. I Love You” as Katherine Winter.
- She portrayed Amelia Earhart in the Canadian movie “Amelia” in 2009.
- In 2012, Audible.com published Swank’s audiobook recording of Caroline Knapp’s “Pack of Two: The Intricate Bond Between People and Dogs.”
- She co-starred in the television film “Mary and Martha” with Brenda Blethyn in 2013.
- Swank was cast as Kate Parke in the drama film “You’re Not You” in 2014.
- In 2017, she played Special Agent Sarah Grayson in Steven Soderbergh’s heist comedy “Logan Lucky.” In the same year, she starred in Bille August’s drama film “55 Steps” as lawyer Colette Hughes.
- In 2018, she starred in and executive produced “What They Had,” a drama film about Alzheimer’s disease.
- She starred as Athena Stine in the horror thriller “The Hunt” in 2020.
- In the sci-fi drama series “Away,” she will play Emma Green, an astronaut grappling with family separation.
Hilary Swank Husband Peter Schneider
Hilary Swank has married twice throughout her life. Swank’s first marriage was to Chad Lowe, an actor and director from the United States. In 1997, Lowe and Swank co-starred in the drama “Quiet Days in Hollywood,” which was the first time they met in person.
They continued dating after that and married on September 28, 1997. However, on November 1, 2007, they separated and divorced after nearly 9 years of marriage.
She began dating her agent, John Campisi, shortly after her divorce in 2007, but their relationship ended in May 2012 after five years. She later met Ruben Torres, a former professional tennis player and financial advisor with UBS, with whom she has been dating since May 2015. They even announced their engagement on March 22, 2016, but Swank’s representative confirmed in June that the couple had broken up.
Swank then began dating her current husband, entrepreneur Philip Schneider, with whom she married on August 18, 2018, after dating for two years. Swank is also the CEO of the Mission Statement & Hilaroo Foundation and a philanthropist.
Hilary Swank’s Height:
Hilary Swank is a stunning woman in her forties. Swank has won a lot of hearts all over the world with her amazing performance and lovely appearance. Her height is 5ft. 6inches (1.68m), and her body weight is around 55kg (121 lbs).
She has a great slender body structure with measurements of 34-24-35 inches, a bra size of 32B, and a shoe size of 9(US). Her skin is fair, and she has brown hair and dark brown eyes.
Quick Facts About Hilary Swank
|Celebrated Name||Hilary Swank|
|Nick Name||Hilary Swank|
|Birth Name||Hilary Ann Swank|