Table of Bio/Wiki
James Taylor is a singer-songwriter and guitarist from the United States who is widely regarded as one of the best-selling musicians of all time. Taylor has been nominated for five Grammy Awards and was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 2000. “Fire and Rain,” “How Sweet It Is(To Be Loved by You),” and “Handy Man” are among his hit song covers.
What is the Net Worth of James Taylor?
James Taylor, 72, has amassed a sizable fortune from his professional career as a musician. Taylor has amassed a large wealth worth millions of dollars from his numerous hit songs, albums, and shows all over the world after working in this profession for more than six decades.
His current net worth is estimated to be in the range of $70 million.
Taylor has amassed a tremendous fortune in million dollars, including his homes and deals, as a five-time Grammy Award winner and one of the best-selling music artists of all time.
Taylor also donates to 13 other charities and foundations, including the Children’s Health Fund, the Entertainment Industry Foundation, the Rainforest Foundation Fund, Stand Up To Cancer, and the GRAMMY Foundation.
What is James Taylor Famous for?
- Famous as the Grammy award-winning singer.
Where was James Taylor Born?
James Taylor was born on March 12, 1948 in Boston, Massachusetts. His name is James Vernon Taylor. He is an American. Taylor is White and a Pisces.
Taylor was born to Dr. Isaac M. Taylor and Gertrude Woodward in a wealthy family (mother). Father was a resident physician from a wealthy Southern Scottish family, mother an opera singing aspirant.
He grew up with three brothers, Alex, Livingston, and Hugh, and one sister, Kate. His musical family influenced him and his siblings, who all became artists and released albums of their own.
James and his family moved to Chapel Hill, North Carolina, when his father became dean of the UNC Medical School. In 1960, he began cello instruction and subsequently guitar classes. He penned his first guitar song at 14.
He attended a Chapel Hill public school. By 1963, he and Danny “Kootch” Kortchmar, a fellow guitarist from New York, were performing coffeehouses all over the Vineyard.
Later, he joined his brother Alex’s band “The Corsairs” at Chapel Hill High School.
Despondent, he was sent to McLean, a mental hospital, in 1965, and treated with chlorpromazine. In 1966, he earned a high school diploma from the hospital’s Arlington School. After his check-up, he moved to New York to join a band at Kortchmar’s suggestion.
James Taylor’s Career Highlights:
- James Taylor formed The Flying Machines alongside Kortchmar and Joel O’ Brien. Their band played songs like ‘Knocking ‘Round the Zoo’ and ‘Don’t Talk Now’.
- The band disbanded in 1967 after the release of Taylor’s failed song “Brighten Your Night with My Day.”
- He used substances like heroin and wrote “Paint It Black” to describe his experience. His pal Kortchmar helped him connect with Apple Records’ Peter Asher.
- He was the Beatles’ first non-British signing to Apple Records.
- In 1968, he released “James Taylor” in the UK.
- Taylor re-signed with Warner Bros. Records in October 1969 after a six-night run at the Troubadour in Los Angeles in July 1969.
- In February 1970, he released “Sweet Baby James.”
- Long Ago and Far Away (with Mud Slide Slim and the Blue Horizon) was released in 1971.
- A friend and Best Pop Vocal Performance- Male were Taylor’s first Grammys.
- Warner Bros. released “In the POcket” in 1976.
- In 1977, Taylor signed with Columbia Records and released “JT.”
- Taylor’s hit album “Hourglass” established his career in 1997.
- Albums like “October Road” (2002) and “Covers” (2008) charted at No. 4.
- “Mr. Sunshine” (ABC) and Two-Lane Blacktop (1971) also featured him (2011).
- Taylor even sang “America the Beautiful” at the President’s second inauguration in 2012.
- And he won Star Académie 2009, Quebec’s version of American Idol.
- Taylor released “Before This World” on June 16, 2015.
- This week’s “The Vocal” Mega Mentor is Taylor.
Who is James Taylor Married to?
In his entire life, James Taylor married three times. In 1972, he married Carly Simon, who was his first wife. Simon is also a songwriter and singer. Ben and Sally, the couple’s two children, are also aspiring artists like their parents. They did, however, divorce in 1983.
He then married actress Kathryn Walker in New York in December 1985, but their marriage didn’t survive long, and they divorced in 1996.
Taylor married Caroline Smedvig, his third wife, in February 2001. (Kim). Caroline and James have two kids, Rufus and Henry, who are twins. He currently resides in Lenox, Massachusetts, with his wife Caroline and boys.
James Taylor, who is in his early 70s, is a delightful man. He has a lean, athletic build. He is 6 feet 2 inches tall (1.9 meters) and weighs roughly 90 kilograms. His hair is bald, and his eyes are green.