Janet Louise Hubert, better known as Janet Hubert, is an American actress who has appeared in films and television shows. Her graceful dance and singing abilities are equally well-known. She rose to prominence after portraying Vivian Banks on the hit television comedy “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” (1990) until the third season, when she was fired and replaced by another actress. When she alleged that she was mostly disrespected by actor Will Smith while working with him on “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air,” she sparked several controversy.
So, how well-versed on Janet Hubert are you? If not much else, we’ve assembled everything you need to know about Janet Hubert’s net worth in 2021, including her age, height, weight, boyfriend, husband, children, biography, and personal information. Thus, if you’re ready, here’s all we know about Janet Hubert so far.
Early Life and Biography
Janet Hubert has loved dancing since she was a child, and she always knew she wanted to be an actress. As a result, she chose to learn various types of dance and take training from the top teachers, including Alvin Ailey and David Howard, which led to her Broadway performance in “The First.” She later joined the original Broadway cast of “CATS,” where she originated the part of Tantomile.
Age, Height, Weight, and Body Dimensions
So, how old is Janet Hubert in 2021, and how tall and how heavy is she? Janet Hubert, who was born on January 13, 1956, is 65 years old as of today’s date, August 28, 2021. Despite her height of 5′ 7′′ in feet and inches and 175 cm in centimetres, she weighs 147.71 pounds and 67 kilograms. Her eyes are brown, and her hair is black.
Janet Hubert attended Momence High School and graduated in 1974. She was soon awarded a scholarship to the prestigious Julliard School in New York City. She did not complete her studies, however, and instead chose to focus on her career, aspiring to be a successful actor.
Personal Life: Boyfriends, Husbands, and Children
View this post on Instagram
Janet Hubert married James Whitten for the first time in 1990, and they had a son named Elijah Isaac Whitten. She divorced James in 1994 after separating from him. In 2005, she married Larry Kraft. She was diagnosed with osteoporosis and became an ambassador for the National Osteoporosis Foundation after a period of time. She made an appearance on HBO Max’s “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Reunion,” when she confirmed that she was not sacked from the program as many had assumed. Rather, she was given a deal to reprise her role as Vivian Banks, which she thought was a bad idea. She refused to accept the agreement in the fourth season.
Janet Hubert is a lesbian, right?
Janet Hubert and her ex-husband James Whitten had a son together. Larry Kraft was her husband in 2005. Janet Hubert is thus not a lesbian.
A Professional Life
View this post on Instagram
Janet Hubert is best recognized for her performance on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air as Aunt Viv. In an episode of the television series “Friends” from 2002, she played Chandler’s boss. She appeared in shows such as “Gilmore Girls,” “NYPD Blue,” “Friends,” “The Bernie Mac Show,” and “Tyler Perry’s House of Payne” on a regular basis. In 2009, she self-published her autobiography, “Perfection is Not a Sitcom Mom,” which showcased her writing abilities. This book provided information about her career as an actor, both on television and on Broadway.
Awards and Achievements
- Janet Hubert was nominated for a Daytime Emmy Award in 2020 for her role as Mignon in the series “King Ester,” in the category of “Outstanding Performance by a Supporting Actress in a Digital Drama Series.”
- She won the “Behind the Voice Actors Award” in the game Grand Theft Auto V in 2014 for her exquisite voice work as Denise Clinton.
- For her part in the same in 1991, she was nominated for an NAACP Award for Outstanding Actress in a Comedy Series.
- In 2014, she was nominated for the BTVA Video Game Voice Acting Award for “Best Vocal Ensemble in a Video Game.”
What is Net Worth, Salary, and Earnings of Janet Hubert ?
Hubert’s net worth was estimated to be around $600 thousand as of 2021, thanks to her talents as an actor, particularly in the role of the one and only Vivian Banks, and as an exceptional voice artist. It is usually considered that her success stems from her roles on Broadway and in television shows, as well as her work as the author of a best-selling biography.
Some Interesting Facts of Janet Hubert
- Hubert was thrilled to play Mignon in the series “King Ester” despite having played a range of characters throughout her career. “I adore characters,” she added, “but Mignon was one of the most difficult dialects I’ve ever had to play due to the New Orleans accent.”
- Hubert revealed that her father had Alzheimer’s disease while playing Yvonne on “General Hospital,” which helped her absorb and comprehend the thought of her character much better.
- Janet Hubert will be remembered as the clever Vivian Banks for the rest of her life. She deserves special recognition for demonstrating her abilities as a gifted voice artist, for which she has won numerous major honors.
Facts of Janet Hubert
|Real Name/Full Name:||Janet Louise Hubert|
|Nick Name/ Celebrated Name:||Janet Hubert|
|Birth Place:||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|Date of Birth/Birthday:||January 13, 1956|
|Age/How Old:||65 years old|
|Height/How Tall:||In Centimetres – 175 cm
In Feet and Inches – 5′ 7″
|Weight:||In Kilograms – 67 Kg
In Pounds – 147.71 lbs
|School:||Momence High School, Momence|
|College:||The Julliard School, New York|
|Husband/Spouse Name:||Larry Kraft (m. 2005), James Whitten (m. 1990-1994)|
|Kids/Children Name:||Elijah Isaac Whitten|
|Net Worth:||$600 Thousand|