Table of Bio/Wiki
- 1 Facts About Katarina Johnson-Thompson
- 2 How much money is Katarina Johnson-Thompson worth?
- 3 Katarina Johnson-Thompson Famous For
- 4 Where was Katarina Johnson-Thompson born?
- 5 Katarina Johnson-Thompson Athlete Career
- 6 Awards and Achievements
- 7 Is Katarina Johnson-Thompson married?
- 8 What is the height and weight of Katarina Johnson-height Thompson?
- 9 Some interesting Facts
English heptathlete Katarina Johnson-Thompson rose to fame after winning the gold medal at the 2019 World Championships and shattering the British record with a total of 6,981 points. She goes by the name Katarina Johnson-Thompson in the workplace.
Facts About Katarina Johnson-Thompson
|Celebrated Name||Katarina Johnson-Thompson|
|Age||29 Years old.|
|Birth Name||Katarina Mary Johnson-Thompson|
|Place Of Birth||Liverpool, England|
|Father||Ricardo Thompson (died November 2017)|
|University||Liverpool John Moores University|
|Source of Wealth||Heptathlete career|
|Net Worth||$2 millio|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||68 kg (150 lb)|
|Hair Color||Dark brown|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Links||Wikipedia Twitter Facebook Instagram|
In the heptathlon at the 2012 Olympics, she came in 15th place. In addition, Katarina won gold in the women’s pentathlon at the 2015 and 2019 European Indoor Championships, setting the British record with 5,000 points. For the 2022 Commonwealth Games, she also took first place in the heptathlon. Additionally, she has built up a lovely fan base on social media, gaining more than 244K followers on Instagram and more than 149K followers on Twitter.
How much money is Katarina Johnson-Thompson worth?
Katarina Johnson-Thompson is one of the select few people with such a broad range of experience who also stays true to her goals. As of 2022, she had a net worth of $2 million, but her exact salary has not been made public. She has provided endorsements for a number of companies, including Nike, Inc., Acuvue, Barrie Wells Trust, Bulk Powders, and many others, for which she is paid handsomely. She is sincere in her work, and her heptathlete career is also her main source of income. You may also like to read the latest bio of Christophe Lemaitre.
Katarina Johnson-Thompson Famous For
- She is a heptathlete from England.
- With a score of 6,981 points, she won the gold medal at the 2019 World Championships and broke the British record.
View this post on Instagram
Where was Katarina Johnson-Thompson born?
The first time Katarina Johnson-Thompson opened her eyes was on January 9, 1993, in Liverpool, England. She goes by Katarina Mary Johnson-Thompson in real life, and she practices Christianity. She has British citizenship because she was born in England, and she is of the British-white ethnicity. Katarina recently celebrated turning 29, and according to her birthdate, her star sign is Capricorn.
Her parents are Ricardo Thompson and Tracey Johnson; she is their daughter (who died in November 2017). While Katarina’s father worked as a production assistant for ZNS-TV in the Bahamas, her mother is a former dancer from Liverpool.
Regarding Katarina’s education, she went to St. Mark’s Catholic Primary School where she developed an interest in sports. Later, she went back to Woolton and enrolled at St. Julie’s Catholic High School. Then she continued on to Liverpool John Moores University to study sports science. You may also like to read the latest bio of Christophe Lemaitre.
Katarina Johnson-Thompson Athlete Career
View this post on Instagram
- At the 2009 World Youth Championships in Athletics in Brixen, Italy, Katarina Johnson-Thompson won the gold medal in the heptathlon after beginning her career as a member of Liverpool Harriers.
- She later broke Jessica Ennis’ British junior record at the Multi stars competition in Desenzano del Garda, Italy, in May 2012. With a score of 6007 points, she finished third behind French athlete Blandine Maisonnier and Greek athlete Sofia Ifaddou.
- By earning a new personal best of 6,248 points at the TNT Fortuna Meeting in June 2012, she met the Olympic ‘A’ qualifying standard.
- At the 2012 World Junior Championships in Athletics held in Barcelona, she made the decision not to compete in the full heptathlon competition in order to save herself for the Olympics; instead, she took part in the long jump, winning a gold medal with a jump of 6.81 meters, and the 100 meters hurdles.
- She then competed for Great Britain in the women’s heptathlon at the 2012 Summer Olympics at the Olympic Stadium on August 3–4, 2012, alongside fellow countrywomen Jessica Ennis and Louise Hazel. Her final score of 6267 placed her in 13th place.
- She placed fifth in the heptathlon at the 2013 IAAF World Championships and on July 11, 2014, at the Glasgow Diamond League competition, she set a new personal best in the long jump of 6.92 meters.
- At the British Indoor Championships in Sheffield on February 14, 2015, she broke the indoor British high jump record with a height of 1.97 meters. On February 21, 2015, at the Birmingham Indoor Grand Prix, she broke the indoor British long jump record with a distance of 6.93 meters.
- After three foul jumps in the long jump the following August at the World Championships in Beijing, she placed 28th in the heptathlon that year.
- She participated in the 2016 Hypo-Meeting in May, which marked her first significant competition following knee surgery in the fall of 2015. She earned a spot in the 2016 Summer Olympics with a sixth-place finish and a score of 6,304 points, surpassing the requirement of 6,200 points.
- She also competed in the heptathlon at the 2017 World Championships in Athletics, which were held in London on August 5–6, 2017, and she took first place in both the heptathlon and the world indoor pentathlon in 2018.
- She also set a new personal best in the heptathlon in May 2019 at the 45th Hypomeeting in Gotzis, finishing with a score of 6,813.
With a British record score of 6981 points, Katarina won the heptathlon at the 2019 World Athletics Championships in Doha, Qatar.
- She also won the event at the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham, England.
Awards and Achievements
- For the “European Athletics Rising Star award,” Katarina was a nominee.
- At the 2012 “British Athletics Writers’ Association” Awards, she was given the Lillian Board Memorial Award.
Is Katarina Johnson-Thompson married?
Since 2018, Katarina Johnson-Thompson has been dating her charming boyfriend Andrew Pozzi. Andrew is an athlete as well. She essentially has a happy family life, so she is much less likely to become estranged from her partner for any reason. It appears that Katarina is at ease with the public knowing about her private life. It demonstrates how much she cares for her followers and does everything in her power to fulfill their desires. She is straight, when she gives her sexual preference some thought.
What is the height and weight of Katarina Johnson-height Thompson?
Katarina Johnson-Thompson is of average height and looks credible. Her height is 1.83 m (6 ft 0 in), and her body weight is approximately 68 kg (150 lb). She is a stunning woman with dark brown eyes and hair. Furthermore, she has an athletic body type.
Some interesting Facts
- The Wells Athletic Foundation provided some of her initial funding.
- She broke the indoor long jump and high jump records for Great Britain.
- Her dad is a native of the Bahamas.
- She has faced off against Jessica Ennis-Hill, a fellow heptathlete from England.
- In the heptathlon at the 2012 Olympics, she came in 15th place.