Quick Facts About Katey Sagal
|Celebrated Name||Katey Sagal|
|Nick Name||Katey Sagal|
|Birth Name||Catherine Louise Sagal|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Place Of Birth||Los Angeles, California|
|Famous For||Famous as an American actress and singer|
Katey Sagal is an actress and singer-songwriter from the United States who is best known for playing Peggy Bundy on the television sitcom “Married with Children.” Sagal rose to fame and acclaim for her portrayal as Gemma Teller Morrow on FX’s “Sons of Anarchy,” for which she earned a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in 2011.
Also Sagal has been in various films and programs, including “I’m Red Fish,” “Futurama,” “Tucker,” and “Superior Donuts,” as a talented and flexible performer for both humor and drama parts.
Sagal has had an interest in music and acting since she was a youngster, and she has managed to establish herself as one of the most notable actors with her hard work for over 50 years since 1969.
She comes from a family with a show business experience. Sagal is also well-known on social media, having over 484k Instagram followers (@kateylous) and over 543k Twitter followers (@KateySagal).
What is the Net Worth of Katey Sagal?
Katey Sagal is professional career as an actress and singer has earned her a nice living. With a career that began in 1969, Sagal has gone a long way in her 50-year career, establishing herself as one of the most well-known faces in film and television.
Sagal has amassed a large income as a result of her performances on various television shows and films, and her net worth is reported to be approximately $30 million. She’s also been in “Victoria’s Secret,” “American Red Cross,” and “Ford” television advertisements.
What is Katey Sagal Famous for?
- Famous for her role as Peggy Bundy on the television sitcom, “Married… with Children”.
Where was Katey Sagal Born?
Katey Sagal was born in the United States on January 19, 1954, in Los Angeles. Catherine Louise Sagal is her given name. Her country of origin is the United States of America. Sagal is of White ethnicity, and her zodiac sign is Capricon.
Katey Sagal is one of five children born to Boris Sagal (father) and Sara Zwilling (mother) (mother). Sara’s mother, Sara Macon, was an American producer, television writer, and singer who went by the stage name Sara Macon, and her father, a Ukrainian-American filmmaker, were both involved in the entertainment industry.
Katey’s mother, on the other hand, died of heart illness when she was 19 years old in 1975. Her father married Marge Champion, an American dancer and actress, in 1977, just a few years before his death on the filming of the miniseries “World War III” in 1981.
Katey grew up in Brentwood, Los Angeles, with her four siblings: brothers Davida and Joey Sagal, and twin sisters Jean and Liz Sagal. Her younger twin sisters, Jean and Liz Sagal, are both actresses who have participated in the television series “Double Trouble,” and her younger brother, Joey Sagal, is also an actor who has played Elvis Presley in films. David, her older brother, is an attorney and the husband of actress McNally Sagal.
Katey’s mother urged her to perform when she was a child, and she did so at the age of five. She enrolled in the California Institute of Arts to complete her studies and began her acting career in Hollywood at a young age, with a passion for acting and singing.
Between the ages of 17 and 21, Sagal made several appearances on TV, one of which was as a receptionist in her father’s detective Columbo chapter “Candidate for Crime.”
- Katey Sagal began her professional career in show business initially as a singer and songwriter working as a backing vocalist for various singers, including Bob Dylan, Etta James, and Tanya Tucker.
- She then became a member of “The Group With No Name”, an American 1970s rock group in 1976, and contributed to the band’s album, “Moon over Brooklyn”.
- She also worked as a member of Bette Midler’s backup group The Harlettes in 1978, subsequently releasing her first solo album, “Well….” on April 19, 1994.
- Her first major acting role was as a newspaper journalist in a sitcom, “Mary” which ran from 1985 to 1986.
- Sagal got her initial breakthrough after she was cast as Peggy Bundy on the sitcom, “Married… with Children” in 1987. She remained in the show for over 11 years till 1997.
- Following the success of the series, Sagal guest-starred on children’s cartoon, “Recess” as the voice of Spinelli’s mother.
- She then provided the voice for Captain Leela in the science fiction comedy series, “Futurama”(1999-2003).
- Sagal then guest-starred in series, “That ’70s Show” and also starred in the sitcom “Tucker” on NBC in the year 2000.
- She was cast as the wife of John Ritter in the sitcom, “8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter” in 2002 until 2005.
- In 2007, she had a role in the season finale of “The Winner” as Glen Abbot’s former teacher.
career took a turn
- Sagal got another breakthrough with the role of Gemma Teller Morrow on the TV show, “Sons of Anarchy” in 2008. Her career took a turn with her appearance on the show for over 6 years till 2014.
- She also starred in “House Broken”(2009), “Harps & Angels”(2010), and also made a cameo on “Glee” as Nancy Abrams in 2013.
- She co-starred in “Pitch Perfect 2”, released in 2015, as the mother of Hailee Steinfeld’s character and appeared in the biography drama film, “Bleed for This”.
- On September 9, 2014, Sagal received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- In 2016, Sagal appeared on “The Big Bang Theory” playing the role of Susan and also on “Shameless”.
- Sagal was also a series regular on the CBS sitcom, “Superior Donuts” from 2017 to 2018.
- She has appeared in a recurring role as Louise in “The Conners” and a cameo appearance in the Netflix series, “Dead to Me”.
- In 2020, Sagal will be seen in the lead role of Annie “Rebel” Bello in the ABC drama pilot, “Rebel”.
- 2 Prism Awards
- TV Land Awards
- Golden Globe Award
- Inducted in the Hollywood Walk of Fame
Who is Katey Sagal Married to?
Katey Sagal has had three marriages. Sagal’s first marriage lasted three years, from 1978 to 1981, and was to musician Freddie Beckmeier. She married her second husband, drummer Jack White, in 1993 and stayed with him until 2000. In 1994, Sagal and White welcomed their first child, a daughter named Sarah Grace, and in 1996, a son named Jackson James.
Following her second divorce, she married Kurt Sutter, a writer-producer, in a private ceremony at their home in the Los Feliz section of Los Angeles on October 2, 2004.
Esme Louise, the couple’s daughter, was born in 2007 through a surrogate mother. She was pregnant while working on “Married… with Children,” and had to undergo an emergency cesarean section in the seventh month of her pregnancy, which resulted in her daughter’s stillbirth.
In 2016, she was featured in an episode of the television genealogy series “Who Do You Think You Are?”
How Tall is Katey Sagal?
Katey Sagal is a stunning woman in her sixties. Sagal has won a lot of hearts all around the world thanks to her amazing performance and charming demeanor. Her height is 5ft. 9inches (1.75m), and she weighs roughly 59kg. Her skin is fair, and she has dark brown hair and brown eyes.
She has a well-kept hour-glass body with measurements of 32-24-35 inches, a shoe size of 8 (US), and a bra size of 32B.
You may also like; Vivian Salama