Two-time former Olympic Champion, Kayla Jean Harrison was born on 2 July 1990. She is a professional MMA fighter currently signed to Professional Fighters League. Prior to making her career in MMA, she was a Judoka. She won The Judo Championship in 2010, gold medals in 2012, and the 2016 Olympics.
Table of Bio/Wiki
- 1 Kayla Harrison Net Worth: How much is the PFL star worth?
- 2 Trending News of Kayla Harrison:
- 3 What is Kayla Harrison Famous for?
- 4 Kayla Harrison’s Early Life: Birth Date/ Parents/ Education?
- 5 Professional Career of Kayla Harrison: Judo and MMA Fighter?
- 6 Kayla Harrison’s Personal Life: Dating?
- 7 What is Kayla Harrison’s height and weight?
- 8 Kayla Harrison’s Bio, Wiki and Facts
Kayla Harrison Net Worth: How much is the PFL star worth?
Kayla Harrison, a gold medalist, is projected to be valued $1.5 million dollar.
She earns money through playing matches. Through her judo battles, she has amassed a substantial sum of money.
You may also like: Muhammad Ali
Trending News of Kayla Harrison:
- Kayla Harrison, a two-time Olympic judo champion, has compared her wrestling abilities to that of Khabib Nurmagomedov, the unbeaten Russian men’s UFC lightweight champion – a fighter with his own mythical grappling game.
- Kayla Harrison entered 2022 PFL Championships with two wins over Pacheco (19-4), but defeating someone a third time in combat sports is a tall order, even for the previously-undefeated Olympian. With the PFL lightweight championship on the line, Pacheco capped off an impressive 2022 campaign by winning a unanimous decision over Harrison (15-1).
What is Kayla Harrison Famous for?
- Kayla Harrison is a notable MMA fighter and the first Olympic gold medalist judoka for the United States.
Kayla Harrison’s Early Life: Birth Date/ Parents/ Education?
She was born in Middletown, Ohio, on July 2, 1990. Kayla Harrison is her given name. Her country of origin is the United States of America. Her ethnicity is White, and her zodiac sign is Cancer.
Kenny Harrison (father) and Jeannie Yazell (mother) gave birth to Harrison (mother). Her mother was a black belt judoka as well.
Kayla began judo at the age of six, after her mother introduced her to the sport. She attended Middletown High School in Middletown, Ohio, and graduated with honors.
She immediately began training with Daniel Doyle, and by the age of 15, she had already won two national titles. During this time, however, Harrison was sexually molested by her coach, Daniel, for which he received a ten-year prison sentence.
She moved to Boston after a month to train with Jimmy Pedro and his father.
Professional Career of Kayla Harrison: Judo and MMA Fighter?
- She maintained her focus and switched weight classes from 63 to 78 kg, however she was unable to compete in the 2008 Summer Olympics.
- She became the first American to compete in two Junior World Championship finals when she won the “Junior World Championship” in 2008.
- In 2010, she became the first American since 1999 to win a gold medal at the “World Judo Championships.”
- She went on to win the Olympic gold medal in judo in 2012, becoming the first American woman to accomplish so.
- In 2016, she won her second Olympic title in the Rio de Janeiro Olympic Games.
- She was the youngest individual in the United States to be promoted to the Roku dan (6th Degree Black Belt) by USJA.
- In 2016, Harrison joined with the “World Series of Fighting.”
- On June 21, 2018, she made her MMA debut in the Women’s Lightweight class at PFL 2 against Brittney Elkin.
- In 2018, she was the main card for PFL 11.
- On July 11, 2019, she fought Morgan Frier in the co-main event of PFL 4, which she won.
- Harrison has starred with her grandma in numerous episodes of the television show “Impractical Jokers” and in “Flea Market Flip.”
- Kayla was awarded the “Wilma Rudolph Courage Award” by the Women’s Sports Foundation in 2012.
- She was named one of “Glamour Magazine’s Women of the Year” in 2012, as well as the “Athletes of the Year” in Boston Globe Magazine in 2012.
Kayla Harrison’s Personal Life: Dating?
Tony Martin is Kayla Harrison’s current boyfriend. Tony is an MMA fighter that competes in the Ultimate Fighting Championship. He also said that his girlfriend represents the female MMA’s future.
Frazer Chamberlain was Harrison’s prior boyfriend (a British judoka). They did, however, break up in 2016.
What is Kayla Harrison’s height and weight?
Kayla Harrison has a well-kept athletic body shape. With a height of 5ft. 8inch, she is a tall woman (1.73m). Her body weight is 75 kg.
Her skin is fair, and she has blonde hair and brown eyes.
Kayla Harrison’s Bio, Wiki and Facts
|Celebrated Name||Kayla Harrison|
|Birth Name||Kayla Harrison|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Place Of Birth||Middletown, Ohio|
|Height||5ft. 8inch (1.73 m)|
|Famous For||Double Olympic judo champiion|
|School||Middletown High School|
|Last Update||November, 2022|