Lee Ryan is a British singer, songwriter, and actor who rose to prominence as a member of the boy band “Blue.” The singer released his debut album, “Lee Ryan,” on August 1, 2005. It charted at No. 3 in Italy and No. 6 in the United Kingdom. In 2010, he made his acting debut as Reuben in Marcus Warren’s film “The Heavy.” In the year 2000, he made his television debut as Arian Kirkwall in an episode of the medical drama series Holby City. He has also performed in pantomime over the years, with his most recent appearance at the Darlington Hippodrome in 2017 as the Prince. In the UK version of “Ice Age: The Meltdown,” he voiced the character of an elk, while in the Italian version, he dubbed Eddie. In September 2007, he was a competitor in the TV reality show Hell’s Kitchen. He also appeared on the BBC show Strictly Come Dancing, where he danced with Nadiya Bychkova. He starred in E4’s “Celebs Go Dating” and released “Ghost,” his first song in nine years. The next year, in 2020, he released two more solo songs, “Mockingbirds” and “Swayed.” He was prohibited from driving for six months in August 2020 after being caught speeding twice in three months. Ryan will stand trial for four counts in June 2021, including two speeding charges, one charge of failing to tell authorities who was behind the wheel, and a fourth charge.
Table of Bio/Wiki
What is the Net Worth of Lee Ryan?
Lee Ryan is a well-known singer, songwriter, and actor whose current net worth is unclear, as he announced in August 2021 that he “had no money” after receiving his third driving suspension. He said he couldn’t afford to pay a £1,500 speeding fine because Covid had rendered him “unemployed.” Along with Simon Webbe, Anthony Costa, and Duncan James, he shot to recognition in the early 2000s as one of the original members of the boy band Blue. Lee declared bankruptcy in 2015, making him the fourth and final member of the Blue band to do so. Dolce & Gabbana hired him as the face of their new apparel line in the United Kingdom in late 2005. At this time, his current salary is unavailable. The music industry is his primary source of money.
What is Lee Ryan Known For?
- Being a singer, songwriter, and actor from England.
- Because he is a member of the British band Blue.
“Blue” singer, Lee Ryan tells court he cannot afford a £1,500 fine:
Lee Ryan, a Blues player, said he doesn’t have any money since he was fined and barred from driving after failing to provide information on who was driving his car. On Thursday (August 19), the 37-year-old from Chatham appeared in Peterborough Magistrates’ Court through a remote link from Spain, where he was disqualified from driving for a year and fined £660. Ryan was sentenced to pay £1,501 in total, including court costs, despite the fact that he was “out of work at the time due to COVID.” He told the court, “I really don’t have any money.” According to court documents, he was charged with driving a Mercedes at 70 mph in a 60 mph zone on Fletton Parkway, an A-road in Peterborough, on August 8 last year, and with driving a Mercedes at 71 mph on the same route on August 22 last year.
What Nationality is Lee Ryan?
Lee Ryan was born in Chatham, Kent, England on June 17, 1983. His nationality is British, and his ethnicity is British-White. In the year 2021, he turned 38 years old. Gemini is his zodiac sign. Lee is not a religious person, but he is spiritual. He was born to Sheila Ryan, his mother, and his father. When he was six years old, his parents divorced. He has a sister named Gemma Ryan who is his sibling. He spent the majority of his time with his mother, sister Gemma, and grandma.
Lee Ryan attended the Bedonwell School in Belvedere, London, for his education. After that, he attended Welling School in London, England, and subsequently the Belcanto London Academy (BLA). He also went to the Marble Arch-based Sylvia Young Theatre School and the London-based Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts.
Lee Ryan Career Timeline:
- Lee Ryan, along with Simon Webbe, Duncan James, and Antony Costa, is a member of the boy band “Blue.” Over 14 million albums have been sold globally by the band.
- On the recommendation of Sir Elton John, he left the band in August 2005 to explore solo ventures.
- On April 28, 2009, the band “Blue” revived.
- He previously co-directed and scripted the video for Blue’s single “Breathe Easy,” which was shot in Prague.
- The group was in New York during the “September 11 attacks” in 2001, after which Ryan stated, “”This New York thing is being exaggerated,” he said, adding, “What about whales?” Animals that are more vital are being overlooked. Animals must be saved first and foremost.” Ryan continued to speak despite the efforts of the other members of the group to silence him. This sparked a massive media outcry, resulting in Blue losing a record deal in the United States and calls to fire Ryan.
- He released his first single, “Army of Lovers,” on July 18, 2005, which debuted at No. 3 in the UK Singles Chart and No. 1 in Italy.
- After that, he launched his debut album, “Lee Ryan,” which received mediocre reviews. The album charted at No. 6 in the United Kingdom, and No. 3 in Italy.
- The album’s second single, “Turn Your Car Around,” garnered a moderate amount of popularity.
- In January 2006, he released his third and final single in the UK, “When I Think of You,” which reached No. 15 in the UK.
- On December 10th, 2007, the single “Reinforce Love” was released.
- He next starred in the video for Fe-single Nix’s “Red Light,” which was released in the United Kingdom.
- In September 2007, he participated on “Hell’s Kitchen” as one of the contestants. He then departed the show after a fight with Marco Pierre White over White’s use of the phrase “pikey.”
- In August and September 2008, he co-starred in “The Pretender Agenda” at London’s New Players Theatre with Natalie Casey.
- He was convicted guilty of assaulting a taxi driver in Oxted in June 2008 and ordered to compensate the victim.
- Ryan announced in March 2010 that he had signed a new record deal with Geffen Records that would continue through 2013.
- Confessions, his first album on his new record company, was set to be released in October 2010, according to an announcement made in April 2011.
- On July 4, 2010, the album’s first single, “Secret Love,” was released as a double A-side with “I Am Who I Am,” and reached number 33 on the UK Singles Chart.
- Following this, it was revealed that Ryan would be dropped from Geffen Records before his album was finished.
- In January 2011, he announced that no deal had been reached to distribute his album.
- “Secret Love,” “I Am Who I Am,” “Guardian Angel,” “Perfect Strangers,” “I Don’t Wanna Let You Down,” “I Love Your Smile,” “It’s Not Me,” “Confessions,” “Light of Your Soul,” “Peaches,” “Reinforce Love,” “Suffice to Say,” “To See the Stars,” “Stop the Rain,” “Why Me,” and “Stand Up as People” were among the songs on Ryan
- In January 2011, Ryan announced that he was working on an album with “Blue” that would be released later that year.
- With the song “I Can,” he also represented the United Kingdom at the Eurovision Song Contest 2011 in Düsseldorf, Germany, where he finished 11th overall.
- He released “Hurt Lovers” as the first single from their fourth album “Roulette” in 2013.
- Ryan and Duncan James participated in an edition of the comedy panel show “Through the Keyhole” in August 2013, where the host took them around their London house.
- In 2014, he also appeared on “Celebrity Big Brother 13.” During his time on Big Brother, He Ryan came out as bisexual, later claiming in an interview, “I’m not ashamed of what I’ve done in the past, but it was the quickest way to say it. People didn’t even notice since I was doing so much other.” Ryan admitted to sleeping with his Blue bandmate Duncan James during his time on Big Brother, saying, “I work with Duncan, I go on vacation with Duncan, I live with Duncan.” When asked if he had sex with Duncan, he said, “All the time.”
- The band “Blue” announced in November 2014 that they had signed a two-album record deal with Sony Music.
- On March 9th, 2015, the band released “Colours,” their fifth studio album.
- He also competed in “Strictly Come Dancing 2018,” but was eliminated in the third round.
- It was announced on February 15, 2017, that he has landed a role in the BBC soap opera “EastEnders.” He was cast as Woody Woodward for a limited time between April 18 and May 19. Later, it was revealed that Woody would be promoted to a regular part, and Ryan had signed a one-year deal with the show. He signed to play “Aladdin” in a panto in Wimbledon, unsure if his contract would be extended, and was so written out of Eastenders.
- He was a contestant in the seventh season of the British reality TV show “Celebs Go Dating” in 2019.
- He toured the United Kingdom with the musical “Rip It Up the 70s” from September to November 2019.
Who is Lee Ryan Dating?
Lee Ryan is single and has never felt compelled to marry anyone. Verity Paris, his lovely lady, is his girlfriend. Verity is well-known for her impersonation of Ariana Grande. She was a contestant on the reality show The X Factor in 2009. The couple was also recently blessed with a newborn girl. In a February interview with Hello!, he expressed his joy at the prospect of being a father for the second time. “I’m ecstatic. There is nothing I like more than being a father. It’s the most incredible sight I’ve ever seen.” “I’m really comfortable moving into the next stage of my life with someone who is so paternal and fantastic with children,” Verity continued. They are happily living together in Costa del Sol, Spain, as of today.
Lee Ryan once dated Vanessa Perroncel, a French model. After that, he dated Maxine Higham for a brief time. Duncan James and Lee Ryan were also rumored to have had homosexual affairs in the past. Lee revealed that he was dating a man in a Celebrity Big Brother episode in January 2014. In 2001, he had an affair with model Alicia Douvall. He then dated British model Louise Glover in 2003. He dated Liz McClarnon, an English singer and Atomic Kitten member, for a while before getting engaged in May 2003. They broke up in 2004. After meeting at the Sanderson Hotel in London in 2004, he was supposed to be dating American singer Janet Jackson. He teamed up with Geri Horner, a fellow singer. In 2004, he dated American model Caprice Bourret for a short time. He was married to Emily Oldfield, a model with whom he had a daughter named Bluebell. They split up in 2005. After that, he was in a relationship with Samantha Millar, a hairdresser. In June 2008, he announced their engagement. Rayn Lee Amethyst was born to them in November 2008, and they planned to marry in 2009. In August 2010, Lee was charged with physically abusing Samantha. After that, in 2012, the two split up. After his divorce from Samantha, he met model Casey Batchelor during the Big Brother reality TV series in 2014 and fell in love with her. During the Big Brother series in 2014, he met American reality TV actress Jasmine Waltz. After some time, the two split ways. He later began dating Jaime Lee-Faulkner, Miss Universe Great Britain, and the two split in June 2017.
Ryan was asked if he had dated men on Good Morning Britain in August 2019, to which he replied, “Yes, I believe that many people are becoming more liberal, which is beneficial to our society. We don’t live in the Middle Ages anymore, so having prejudices against these things is simply ignorant “..
Lee Ryan Arrest :
- In August 2003, Lee Ryan was arrested and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol in central London.
- He was acquitted of assaulting two photographers who attempted to photograph him leaving a nightclub in May 2004, but he was found guilty of criminal damage for smashing their cameras.
- He was charged with beating his former fiancée, Samantha, in August 2010, however the allegations were later dropped.
- After being caught driving erratically in April, he pleaded guilty to criminal damage and failing to provide a specimen in May 2014.
- In 2020, he was charged with driving a Mercedes at 70 mph in a 60 mph zone in Peterborough on two occasions, but the charges were dropped because the prosecution provided no evidence and there was no way of proving who was driving. Ryan was eventually charged with two charges of neglecting to furnish information about the driver and found guilty at trial. At a subsequent hearing, Magistrate Alison Marsh assessed two lots of six points against Ryan’s driver’s license, resulting in a 12-month suspension. Ryan, who was fined £1,501 for one of the charges, said he was “out of work due to Covid” and “just don’t have the money” via a remote link from Spain.
How much does Lee Ryan weigh?
Lee Ryan is a good-looking man with a typical body type. He is the perfect height of 5 feet 11 inches or 1.8 meters. His body weight is 80 kilograms (176 pounds), which is healthy and well-maintained. His eye color is blue, and his hair is blonde. His chest measures 42 inches, his arms measure 15.5 inches, and his waist measures 36 inches. In June 2017, he was admitted to the hospital due to a severe illness caused by quinsy.
Quick Facts About Lee Ryan
|Celebrated Name||Lee Ryan|
|Nick Name||Lee Ryan|
|Birth Name||Lee Ryan|
|Net Worth||Unavailable at a moment|
|Working For||Sony BMG, Tale Tale, Geffen|
|Parents||Sheila Ryan (mother)|
|Children||Bluebell and Rayn|
|Education||Bedonwell School, BLA, Welling School|
|Weight||80 kg/ 176 pounds|
|Height||5 ft 11 inches|
|Home Town||London, England|
|Place Of Birth||Chatham, Kent, England|
|Waist Size||36 in|
|Chest Size||42 in|
|Source of Wealth||Music Industry|
|School||Bedonwell School; Welling School|