|Full Name:||Leif Coorlim|
|Birthday:||August 20, 1979|
|Net Worth:||$2 million|
|Height:||5 feet 11 inches|
Leif Coorlim, an award-winning American journalist, is the executive editor of the CNN Freedom Project. He is highly renowned for his work on documentaries and television shows, as well as for the countless pieces he has written about modern slavery.
How much is the Net worth of Leif Coorlim?
He typical executive editor compensation in the US is predicted to be $66 K. According to some estimates, Leif Coorlim has a net worth of $2 million.
Early Years | What age is Leif Coorlim?
Leif Coorlim was conceived in Berkeley, California, on August 20, 1979. Apart from that, Leif has kept his family’s identity a secret because he likes to keep his personal life away from the press. He was a Gladstone High student. Coorlim graduated from the University of Portland with a bachelor’s degree in communication studies. He is of English heritage.
What is the Professional Career of Leif Coorlim?
Leif Coorlim began his career in 1998 as a writer for the CBS-affiliated KOIN-TV in Portland, Oregon. From 2000 to 2003, he worked as a producer for the Fox-affiliated KPTV. From then until 2008, he produced Fox Television News for WGTV in Washington. Coorlim later joined CNN in 2008. He has amazed the globe with his films and specials for the network, including “Be the Change,” “Witness to War,” and “Sumatra: Paradise Lost.” He also took part in the campaign to eradicate human trafficking.
Coorlim is in charge of the network’s environmental programming and is the creator of the enduring CNN series “Eco-Solutions” and “Going Green.” Among the movies he has produced on the subject are The Fall of the Khmer: A Climate Change Catastrophe, Mirador: The Forgotten City, and the CNN/YouTube Climate Change Debate from the 2009 COP15 climate summit in Copenhagen.
Later, in 2010, Leif’s documentary Innocence for Sale won the CINE Golden Eagle Award. He also spearheads CNN International’s “Impact Your World” campaign, which exhorts the network’s worldwide audience to take action and alter the world in reaction to the stories they witness.
In 2019, he created, produced, and directed the television documentary Troubled Waters.
- As an editor and journalist, Leif has been working on CNN’s Freedom Project, overseeing multiple broadcasts of stories about slavery in the modern era.
- As part of the CNN Freedom Project, he has worked on a lot of powerful documentaries such as ‘Innocence for Sale,’ ‘The Fighters,’ ‘Chocolate’s Child Slaves,’ ‘Common Dreams,’ ‘A Stand in the Sinai,’ ‘Slavery in West Africa,’ ‘Slavery’s Last Stronghold,’ ‘Trafficked in Plain Sight’ and ‘Taking a Stand: Making a Difference.’
- Since joining the CNN Freedom Project, Leif has worked alongside the team to free thousands of people who were being held as slaves across several global regions.
- The team has also played a key role in bringing the issue of modern slavery to a public platform and has helped with the formation of charities for survivors and victims, along with facilitating major surgeries for people tortured during slavery.
- They have also helped push for changes in practices and laws that were allowing for slavery to take place in various countries around the world from the USA to Cambodia.
Awards and Accolades:
- As part of the CNN Freedom Project, Leif has watched the network win several awards for various documentaries and programs aimed at solving multiple global issues.
- Individually, he was awarded a Cine Golden Eagle Award in 2010 for ‘Innocence for Sale’ a documentary he produced while working for CNN.
Who is the wife of Leif Coorlim?
With her ex-wife. He was formerly married to news anchor Isha Sesay in Georgia in 2013. The wedding took place at the Mandarin Oriental in Buckhead, Atlanta, and had 120 people in attendance. Everything was going great until something happened between them that caused them to split up. In 2019, this couple divorced.
How tall is Coorlim?
Leif Coorlim is 5 feet 11 inches tall and weighs the same as himself. He most likely has brown hair and blue eyes.
you may also like Olivia Leeming.