What is Manoj Shyamalan’s net worth?
Manoj Shyamalan is expected to have a net worth of $80 million as of December 2022.
52 years old
August 6, 1970
1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)
Country of Origin:
United States of America
Source of Wealth:
Who is Manoj Shyamalan? What is his Profession and Nationality?
American filmmaker, screenwriter, and actor Manoj Shyamalan has amassed a large fortune throughout the course of his career.
One of Hollywood’s most prolific directors, Shyamalan is most renowned for his creative works that feature otherworldly themes.
M. Night Shyamalan is expected to have a net worth of $80 million as of December 2022.
You may also like; James Cameron
Manoj Shyamalan Facts
- In 1992, Manoj Shyamalan made his feature debut with Praying with Anger.
- One of his largest and most well-liked movies to date, The Sixth Sense, gained widespread critical praise in 1999.
- After penning Signs in 2002, Shyamalan rose to the position of highest-paid screenwriter in Hollywood.
- Despite The Last Airbender (2010) being one of his most critically panned films, it was nonetheless a commercial triumph, grossing $319 million.
- Since his 1992 appearance as Dev Raman in Praying with Anger, where he played the role, Shyamalan has frequently appeared in his films.
Early Life of Manoj Shyamalan
The neurologist Dr. Nelliyattu Shyamalan and the OB-GYN Dr. Jayalakshmi welcomed Manoj Nelliyattu Shyamalan into the world on August 6, 1970 in Mahe, Pondicherry, India.
When he was just six weeks old, Shyamalan’s parents moved to the country, and he spent his formative years in Penn Valley, Pennsylvania.
He was reared Hindu but went to Waldron Mercy Academy, a private Roman Catholic grammar school, and then Episcopal Academy, a private high school.
Shyamalan attended the New York University Tisch School of the Arts in Manhattan after graduating and earned his degree there in 1992.
Shyamalan produced Praying with Anger, a semi-autobiographical drama, while he was a student at New York University.
Wide Awake, his second film, which he later wrote and directed, received a Young Artist nomination for Best Drama.
Manoj Shyamalan’s Professional Career
Manoj Shyamalan co-wrote the script for Stuart Little in 1999, and he later acknowledged that he also served as the movie She’s All That’s ghostwriter.
The Sixth Sense, which Shyamalan directed and which swiftly rose to the position of second-highest grossing horror film of all time, received praise from critics the same year.
After this hit, Shyamalan helmed the comic book thriller Unbreakable in 2000, which also became a commercial and critical success.
He also appeared as Ray Reddy in the 2002 smash blockbuster Signs, which he also directed.
His subsequent film, The Village, earned $257 million worldwide on a budget of $60 million despite receiving unfavorable reviews.
The Last Airbender, which Shyamalan later directed and which was based on the television show Avatar: The Last Airbender, was a commercial success even though, like The Village, it earned negative reviews from critics.
In 2017, when he was directing Split, his next great success happened. Split made $279 million worldwide on a $9 million budget.
Shyamalan declared in 2021 that Knock at the Cabin, his upcoming feature film, would be released in 2023.
Manoj Shyamalan’s Career Earnings
Manoj Shyamalan has worked hard to rise to the position of one of the wealthiest filmmakers in the world, and he has made a fortune through producing and penning movies.
Even if we don’t know about every profit he has made over the course of his career, we do know about some of his biggest wins.
Shyamalan made $3 million in 1999 for directing and writing The Sixth Sense.
Unbreakable, which he also produced and wrote, brought in $10 million for Shyamalan in 2000.
Signs, which Shyamalan wrote, co-produced, and directed, brought in $12.5 million in 2002.
Shyamalan made $10.7 million for The Village in 2004, including $7.2 million for the story rights, $300,000 for writing, and $221,000 for directing.
Manoj Shyamalan has made a lot of money through his work as a director, however he isn’t a billionaire like George Lucas.
Manoj Shyamalan’s Personal Life
In 1992, Manoj Shyamalan wed Bhavna Vaswani, whom he had first met while attending New York University, and the two are the parents of three daughters: Ishana, Shivani, and Saleka Shyamalan.
Shyamalan, a football enthusiast, has season tickets to the Philadelphia 76ers and attends as many games as he can.
Manoj maintains an active social media presence on his official Twitter account, where he advertises his endeavors and informs followers of impending movies.
On his official Instagram account, where he often publishes images from his filming locations and the production process, he may also be found.
Recognition & Achievements
As a result of his extraordinary abilities behind the camera, Manoj Shyamalan has received numerous nominations and wins during his career.
Despite receiving numerous awards, some of his accomplishments have drawn more attention than others because of their significance.
Here are some of Manoj Shyamalan’s best honors and nominations during the course of his career:
- Manoj Shyamalan was a 1999 Academy Award nominee for both Best Original Screenplay and Best Director for his work on The Sixth Sense.
- The Sixth Sense earned Shyamalan a nomination for Best Screenplay at the Golden Globes the same year.
- Shyamalan was nominated for two BAFTA Awards in 1999 for his work on The Sixth Sense, including Best Original Screenplay and Best Direction.
- For The Sixth Sense, Shyamalan earned the Bram Stoker Award for Best Screenplay in 1999.
- Shyamalan received Best Film at the 2002 Christopher Awards for Signs.
Manoj Shyamalan has undoubtedly collected a sizable number of honors, many of which have contributed to his notoriety despite the fact that he may not have won as many as James Cameron.
How Does Manoj Shyamalan Spend His Money?
For $17.9 million, Manoj Shyamalan acquired the 125-acre Ravenwood estate in Philadelphia in 2005.
Richard Cameron, a designer who specializes in historical remodels, assisted Shyamalan and his wife in transforming this Georgian Revival property.
The renovations added 12,000 square feet of living space to the 15,000 square foot mansion, along with a new two-story extension and a gatehouse with influences from the 17th century.
Although it wasn’t among the most expensive penthouses in the world, it was claimed that Shyamalan sold a Manhattan penthouse in 2012 for $16 million.
Shyamalan lives in unimaginable luxury with a net worth like his, something most people can only imagine.
Manoj Shyamalan’s Career Highlights
Manoj Shyamalan has experienced a lot of success in his career, which has aided in his rise to notoriety as one of the world’s most well-known directors.
But given their influence on his notoriety and wealth, some of his most significant turning points stand out more than others.
Here are some of Manoj Shyamalan’s greatest achievements:
- In 1992, Manoj Shyamalan released his debut picture, Praying with Anger.
- Shyamalan garnered international recognition in 1999 for directing The Sixth Sense.
- In 2002, Shyamalan’s second blockbuster, Signs, which earned $257 million, became a success.
- Split, directed by Shyamalan in 2017, made $279 million even though it cost $9 million to make.
- In 2022, Manoj Shyamalan presided over the jury for the 72nd Berlin International Film Festival.
Even though these are only a few of his greatest triumphs, they serve as a reminder of how important his Hollywood career has been.
Favorite Manoj Shyamalan Quotes
Manoj Shyamalan is a fantastic director who isn’t ashamed to show off his accomplishments.
Shyamalan isn’t one to hold back from taking delight in his work and announcing his accomplishment, even though he isn’t snobbish about it.
Here are some of our favorite M. Night Shyamalan quotations:
- “My hope is we broke so many rules we created a new rule.” – M. Night Shyamalan
- “The idea is to always go for the thing that’s risky. I want to be courageous and original.” – M. Night Shyamalan
- “If I’m hesitant at all about an idea, then that’s not the right idea.” – M. Night Shyamalan
- “Work on your authenticity, your own voice. It’s true for everything, not just movie-making. Know yourself.” – M. Night Shyamalan
- “I’ve had more success than anybody should be allowed to have. I mean, everything I’ve ever written has been offered to be made into a movie.” – M. Night Shyamalan
3 Amazing Lessons From Manoj Shyamalan
We can learn a lot from Manoj Shyamalan and his illustrious career as a director.
We can look at what Manoj Shyamalan can teach us about achieving our own goals now that you are fully aware of his net worth.
The following are some of the most effective success tips from Manoj Shyamalan:
1. Do Not Fear Taking Risks
You must learn to take calculated chances since no one ever achieves success without them.
This doesn’t mean you should gamble away all of your savings, but rather that you should take measured risks that could backfire but also present a significant upside.
2. Know Yourself
Knowing oneself, particularly your talents and shortcomings, is essential for success.
You will be able to market your abilities more effectively and identify any areas where you need to improve or seek out assistance.
3. Follow Your Gut Feelings
If you’re willing to use it, your intuition may be a really useful tool, so you should learn to trust it.
Take more time to investigate a situation before leaping into it if anything appears too good to be true or if you have a terrible feeling about it.
Manoj Shyamalan is a well-known director who has amassed millions of dollars in earnings.
Despite the fact that he has been active since 1992, he is still managing to increase his wealth annually as he oversees new initiatives.
Keep coming back to this page frequently to be informed about Shyamalan’s career and financial situation.
Manoj Shyamalan is expected to have a net worth of $80 million as of December 2022.