Marilyn Manson is an American singer, songwriter, record producer, visual artist, and former music journalist best known for being the main singer of the renowned rock band “Marilyn Manson,” which he co-founded in 1989 with guitarist Daisy Berkowitz. With his politically incorrect lyrics and unorthodox music, Manson is also known for his provocative stage demeanor and outlandish conduct, which has garnered him a lot of fans and a lot of opponents over the years.
Manson, whose real name is Brian Hugh Warner, is a shock musician who rose to fame thanks to his controversial yet hugely successful album “Antichrist Superstar” and his cover of “Sweet Dreams are Made of These.” “The Dope Show” and “The Beautiful People” are two of his other popular tracks.
Manson was also noted for his bizarre, horror-inspired wardrobe, which included wearing a painted contact lens in one eye, black leather leggings, and heavy stage makeup that is still the same today.
What is the Net Worth of Marilyn Manson?
Marilyn Manson professional career as a singer, composer, and record producer has paid him well. He began his career as a singer in 1989 as a member of the band “Marilyn Manson,” and has since risen through the ranks of the music industry to become a worldwide rock music sensation.
Manson has surely amassed a good income through his numerous songs, albums, movies, and also from his arts, thanks to his great vocal skills, tactics, concerts, and tours.
His net worth is believed to be around $25 million, taking into account all of his sources of income. Manson has managed to live a wealthy and affluent lifestyle because to his million-dollar net worth.
What is Marilyn Manson Famous for?
- Famous as the lead singer of the popular rock band, “Marilyn Manson”.
- Known for his unique horror-inspired fashion.
Where was Marilyn Manson Born?
Marilyn Manson was born in Canton, Ohio, in the United States, on January 5, 1969. Brian Hugh Warner is his birth name. He is an American citizen. Manson is of White ethnicity and is of English, German, and Irish ancestry. His zodiac sign is Capricorn.
Marilyn Manson was born on May 13, 2014, to Barbara Warner Wyer (mother) and Hugh Angus Warner (father), who both died on July 7, 2017. His parents enrolled him in Heritage Christian School, which he went from kindergarten to tenth grade, and forced him to attend church on a regular basis.
Though his father was a Roman Catholic, he attended his mother’s Episcopal church. Warner then proceeded to Glen Oak High School, where he received his diploma in 1987. In 1990, he enrolled at Broward Community College in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, to pursue a degree in journalism after migrating with his parents.
During this time, he began writing articles for “25th Parallel,” a music magazine, and began hanging around with other musicians such as Groovie Mann and Trent Reznor.
Marilyn Manson’s Career Highlights:
- In 1989, he formed “Marilyn Manson & the Spooky Kids” with guitarist Scott Putesky. His band was dubbed “Marilyn Manson” after him.
- After four years of playing in clubs, Trent Reznor recognized the band in 1993 and they published their debut album “Portrait of an American Family” in 1994.
- Then came “Smells Like Children”, an EP packed of songs about drugs and childhood abuse.
- A total of seven albums have charted in the top ten in the United States, with two reaching number one.
- In 1996, “Antichrist Superstar” became the band’s second No. 1 record.
- In 2000 Years of Human Error, M.C. Manson appeared on DMX’s “Flesh of My Flesh” album.
- From 1998 to 2001 he released ‘Mechanical Animals’ and ‘The Golden Age of Grotesque’ (2001). (2003).
- I Want to Kill You Like in the Movies and Running to the Edge of the World were both hits.
- “Born Villain” came out in May 2012, followed by “Hey Cruel World…Tour”.
- The Pale Emperor came out on January 20, 2015. “Heaven Upside Down” came two years later.
- Manson debuted in Lost Highway (1995).
- The Hire: Beat The Devil and Showtime’s comedy-drama Californication.
- In 2004, Phantasmagoria: Lewis Carroll’s Visions was released.
- Manson portrayed white nationalist Ron Tully in “Sons of Anarchy.”
- Thomas Dinley in the WGN spooky horror series “Salem”
- In 2020, Manson was on HBO’s “New Pope.”
- Aside from music and performance, he has been a watercolor painter since 1999.
- “The Golden Age of Grotesque” ran September 13-14, 2002. Famous Corporation was Manson’s art movement.
- From Loma Vista Recordings and Concord Music comes “We Are Chaos.”
- Received the MTV Video Music Award for his music video “The Dope Show” in 1999.
- Won the Metal Edge Readers’ Choice Award for “Best Male Performer of the Year” in 2000.
- Received Lifetime achievement award in 2015.
Who is Marilyn Manson Married to?
Marilyn Manson previously had a relationship with Rose McGowan. McGowan is an actress, activist, and singer from the United States who is best known for her role in the dark comedy “The Doom Generation” (1995). After dating for a few years, the couple became engaged in February 1999, but McGowan called off their engagement just two years later, in January 2001, citing “lifestyle conflicts.”
Manson began seeing Dita Von Teese, an American vedette, burlesque dancer, model, businesswoman, and actress, shortly after, and the two began dating in 2001.
On March 22, 2004, after dating for nearly three years, Manson proposed to Teese and the two married in a private, non-denominational ceremony. However, only a few years after their marriage, Von Teese filed for divorce citing “irreconcilable disagreements,” as well as Manson’s heavy boozing and distant demeanor as reasons for their breakup.
Then, in 2007, his on-again, off-again relationship with actress, model, and musician Evan Rachel Wood was made public, and it was also revealed that they had been dating for several years. Manson proposed to Wood in January 2010 at a Paris stage performance, but the couple called off their engagement later that year.
In 2012, it was reported that Manson’s girlfriend was American photographer Lindsay Usich, according to the March 2012 issue of Revolver magazine, which referenced to a painting of Manson including Usich. It was later reported that the two were romantically involved, however Manson said in 2015 that he was no longer single. He is also the godfather of Lily-Rose Depp, Johnny Depp’s daughter with Vanessa Paradis.
How Tall is Marilyn Manson?
Marilyn Manson is a good-looking man in his fifties who still has the same dazzling appearance as he did in his twenties. Manson’s frightening, horror-inspired wardrobe, such as wearing a painted contact lens in one eye, black leather leggings, and thick stage makeup, has given him his unique personality.
He stands at 6ft 1inches (18.55 m) tall and weighs roughly 82kg (181 lbs). His skin is fair, and he has black hair and hazel eyes.
Quick Facts About Marilyn Manson
|Celebrated Name||Marilyn Manson|
|Nick Name||Marilyn Manson|
|Birth Name||Brian Hugh Warner|
|Place Of Birth||Canton, Ohio, U.S.|
|Father||Barbara Warner Wyer|
|Mother||Hugh Angus Warner|
|College / University||Broward Community College|
|Famous For||Being an American singer, songwriter, record producer, actor, painter, and writer.|
|Best Known For||For his controversial stage personality and image as the lead singer of the band of the same name.|
|Awards||MTV Video Music Awards|
|Spouse||Dita Von Teese (m. 2005; div. 2007) Lindsay Usich (m. 2020)|
|Source of Wealth||Singing, record producing, and acting career|
|Net Worth||$10 million|
|Height||6 ft 1 in or 185 cm|
|Weight||82 kg or 181 lbs|