Andres Mateus Uribe Villa, better known as Mateus Uribe, is a good Colombian footballer. He rose to prominence as a central midfielder for Porto, a prestigious Portuguese club, and the Colombia national team.
Mateus Uribe’s Biography, Wiki and Quick Facts
|Celebrated Name||Mateus Uribe|
|Age||32 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Mateus Uribe|
|Birth Name||Andrés Mateus Uribe Villa|
|Place Of Birth||Medellin, Colombia|
|Wife||Cindy Alvarez Garcia|
|Source of Wealth||Football Career|
|Net Worth||€1.88 million|
|Salary||$2,890,000 per year|
|Height||1.82 meters (6 feet 0 inches)|
|Weight||71 kilograms (157 pounds)|
|Hair Color||Light brown|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter|
Mateus Uribe developed a strong interest in football at a young age and began his professional career with Deportivo Espanol. In 2012, he joined Envigado, solidifying his position in the football world. Uribe made his debut for Colombia’s national team in 2017, marking a big milestone in his career.
He has received various medals and accolades throughout his career, including triumphs in prominent events like as the Recopa Sudamericana in 2017 and the Copa Libertadores in 2016 while playing for Atletico Nacional. Uribe currently wears shirt number 8 for Porto. Notably, he was chosen to represent Colombia in the 2018 FIFA World Cup, and he scored his first international goals in a friendly match against Peru in June 2019.
Uribe’s love of football has also gained him a sizable social media following, with 851K followers on Instagram and 168.1K followers on Twitter.
What is Mateus Uribe’s Net Worth and Salary in 2023?
Matheus Uribe has established his individuality and demonstrated extraordinary desire, continually pushing himself to meet his objectives. His net worth is €1.88 million as of 2023, and he receives an excellent annual salary of $2,890,000. Matheus had a large salary of £265,000 during his stint at Envigado, which is considered great in the world of professional football.
He has also signed lucrative endorsement deals with several brands, which has increased his profits. His principal source of wealth, though, remains his successful football career.
Also Read the full Biography and Wiki of Footballer: Diogo Costa
What is Mateus Uribe’s Age, Nationality, Ethnicity and Birthdate? | Family and Siblings
Mateus Uribe was born on March 21, 1991, in Medellin, Colombia, as Andres Mateus Uribe Villa. He is a Colombian native with a Colombian-White ethnic heritage. Mateus Uribe, a Christian, is 32 years old and celebrates his birthday every year on March 21st, matching with the zodiac sign of Aries. In terms of race, he identifies as white. He has not revealed any information about his father, but we do know that he was born to his mother Adriana Villa.
Football Career of Mateus Uribe
- Mateus Uribe began his career at Envigado FC. Due to a lack of first-team opportunities, he spent a year playing in the Antioquia Department’s regional league.
- His first professional experience came with Deportivo Espacol in the Primera B Metropolitana, Argentina’s third-tier football league system.
- He scored two goals in four games while in Buenos Aires. Uribe returned to Colombia and played for Envigado, Deportes Tolima, and Atletico Nacional in the Categoria Primera A.
- On August 1, 2017, Uribe joined Club America in the Mexican Liga MX. During his first season in Mexico City, he demonstrated his scoring power by scoring 14 goals in various competitions.
- Notably, he scored two key goals in a 4-1 victory over Pumas UNAM in the Clausura Liguilla quarter-finals on May 3, 2018.
- His outstanding performance earned him a well-deserved position in the prestigious 2018 Clausura Best XI, confirming his status as a top-tier talent.
- Mateus joined FC Porto, a Portuguese team, on August 4, 2019. He agreed to a four-year contract with a €10 million transfer fee and a €3 million annual pay.
- Uribe made his FC Porto debut in the UEFA Champions League first qualifying round second leg match against FC Krasnodar just nine days after joining. In the 49th minute, he came on as a substitute for Sergio Oliveira, who was injured. Porto was defeated 3-2, resulting in a 3-3 aggregate draw and elimination on away goals.
- Uribe and colleagues Luis Diaz, Agustin Marchesin, and Renzo Saravia were suspended from the derby against Boavista F.C. in November. This punishment was imposed as a result of the players’ previous night’s partying, which was mistakenly exposed on Instagram by Uribe’s wife, Cindy Alvarez Garcia.
- On the final day of the season, Uribe scored his first goal for Porto in a 2-1 loss against S.C. Braga on July 25, 2020. However, he got injured and was replaced immediately after scoring.
- On February 10, during a Taca de Portugal semi-final encounter against the same opponents, Uribe got into a heated argument by headbutting Ricardo Esgaio after his compatriot, Luis Diaz, was already sent off. The game concluded in a 1-1 tie.
International career of Colombian Footballer Mateus Uribe
- Uribe made his national team debut on January 25, 2017, against Brazil at the Estadio Olimpico Nilton Santos in Rio de Janeiro. He played the entire 90-minute game in a 1-0 loss.
- He was named to Colombia’s final 23-man team for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia on June 4, 2018. During the tournament, he appeared in three of Colombia’s four matches and started the game against Senegal.
- During the penalty shootout in the round of 16 encounter against England, he took a penalty that struck the crossbar. Colombia was defeated 4-3 in the shootout after the game finished in a 1-1 tie after extra time.
- Mateus scored his first international goal on June 9, 2019, against Peru in a friendly match. He scored twice in a 3-0 victory, which served as a warm-up for his participation in the Copa America competition in Brazil.
Awards and Recognition for Mateus Uribe
National Athletic Club
- Torneo Apertura 2017 Categoria Primera A
- Colombia Cup 2016
- Liga MX: Apertura 2018
- Copa MX: Clausura 2019
- Campeon de Campeones: 2019
- Primeira Liga: 2019-2020, 2021-2022
- Taca de Portugal: 2019-2020, 2021-2022
- Taca da Liga: 2022-2023
- Supertaca Candido de Oliveira: 2020, 2022
- CONCACAF Champions League Best XI: 2018
- Liga MX Best XI: 2018 Clausura
- FC Porto on 4th August 2019 for 10m euros
- Club America on 1st August 2017 for 5.1m euros
- Atletico Nacional on 1st July 2016
- Deportes Tolima on 1st January 2015
- Envigado FC on 1st January 2012
- Deportivo Espanol on 1st July 2010
Who is the Wife of Colombian Footballer Mateus Uribe? | Family and Kids
Mateus Uribe is a husband. He married his longtime fiancée, Cindy Alvarez Garcia, in late September 2014, in a ceremony the circumstances of which are unknown to the public. On their wedding day, the pair radiated happiness and looked magnificent, marking one of the most happiest times in their life. They are currently living a wonderful life full with love, and it is extremely improbable that they will ever divorce.
Furthermore, their journey has been blessed with the arrival of two healthy children, the eldest, a son named Yesteban, and a daughter named Antonia, born in late 2015. Matheus is an inspiration to his children and continues to work hard to make his family proud. It is worth noting that Matheus Uribe self-identifies as heterosexual.
What is Footballer Mateus Uribe’s height?
Matheus Uribe has unquestionably achieved noteworthy accomplishment in his profession. He has a well-proportioned and athletic body build, standing at 1.82 meters (6 feet 0 inches) and weighs 71 kg (157 pounds). Matheus emanates an appealing look with his light brown hair and alluring dark brown eyes. His gorgeous tattoos on his hands add to his appeal, further boosting his entire appearance.