Melissa Reeves is an American actress best known for her portrayal as Jennifer Horton on “Days of Our Lives.” Since 1965, Days of Our Lives has been one of the longest-running scripted television shows in the world. Throughout her career, she has received numerous accolades. From 1984 to 1985, she played Jade Perkins on Santa Barbara, for which she was nominated for a Young Artist Award for Best Young Actress in a Daytime or Nighttime Television Series (1985-1986). In 1983, she made her film debut as Georgina in “Somewhere, Tomorrow.”
She has also appeared in films such as Where the Fast Lane Ends, Half a Dozen Babies, and Summer Camp Nightmare, among others. She’s also appeared in TV shows such as Santa Barbara, Deadly Nightmares, and The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.
Table of Bio/Wiki
- 1 Melissa Reeves Net Worth:
- 2 What is Melissa Reeves famous for?
- 3 Where is Melissa Reeves From?
- 4 Melissa Reeves Days of Our Lives:
- 5 Melissa Reeves Awards:
- 6 ‘Days of Our Lives’ star Melissa Reeves receives backlash for liking anti-Black Lives Matter posts online:
- 7 About Husband:
- 8 How Tall is Melissa Reeves?
- 9 Quick Facts About Melissa Reeves
Melissa Reeves Net Worth:
Melissa Reeves, performing is her source of income, and she has a tremendous name and reputation in the entertainment sector. For more than a decade, she has starred in the longest-running television series, Days of our Lives. She has also appeared in a number of television shows and films. Although there is no information regarding her pay for her television series, she must have fantastic luck. Her net worth is believed to be around $9 million as of 2019.
What is Melissa Reeves famous for?
- Starred as the role of Jennifer Horton in Days of Our lives in television series from 1985 which is the longest-running television program.
- Hottest Female Star of Days of Our Lives TV Series in 1994.
Where is Melissa Reeves From?
Melissa Reeves is a British actress whose birth name is Melissa Brennan. She was born on March 14, 1967, in Eatontown, Monmouth County, New Jersey, USA, and is a citizen of the United States of America. Her racial background is White. Lawrence Brennan is her father’s name, and Marion Brennan is her mother’s name. David Brennan, her older brother, is her only sibling. Her astrological sign is Pisces. Her faith is in Christianity. So yet, no information on her family’s work or schooling has been found.
Her social media profiles are unknown, despite her celebrity and name in the entertainment industry.
Melissa Reeves Days of Our Lives:
- Melissa Reeves’s debut film was “Somewhere, Tomorrow” in 1983 where she played in the role of Georgina. She has played the Summer Camp Nightmare movie in 1987 as Heather. She has also played “Half a Dozen Babies” as Becki Dilley in 1999.
- Her first Debut Television series from 1984-1985 in Santa Barbara as Jade Perkins and she was nominated for Young Artist Award for Best Young Actress in a Daytime or Nighttime Television Series category consecutively in 1985 and 1986.
- Luckily she started new series”Days of Our Lives” as Jennifer Horton on and off from 1985-2010 where husband and wife team Ted Corday and Betty Corday were the creators of that series.
- In the middle of 1995, Corday Productions and Sony TV Entertainment sued her for breach of contract during the show’s thirteenth anniversary. That matter was settled out-of-court with Melissa paying an unspecified sum. The executive producer of Days of Our Lives; Ken Corday donate that sum to pediatric AIDS research.
- In 2000, She was rehired by Days of our Lives producers and did a six-year stint with the show that time. In her absence actress, Stephanie Cameron was replaced for the role of Jennifer and was recast.
- She confirmed that she is leaving the show after her sixth year with Days of our lives and moved to Tennessee state with her family and again she returned to Days of our Lives on June 9, 2010, and continues to play the role of Jennifer Horton.
- She has starred “The Hitchhiker” a mystery horror anthology television series in 1987.
Melissa Reeves Awards:
- She has won 4 awards and 5 nominations in various categories in different years.
- Melissa Reeves won Soap Opera Digest Awards for Outstanding Daytime Super Couple for Days of our Lives which she shared with Mathew Ashford in 1991.
- She won Soap Opera Digest Awards for Best Daytime Wedding award for the same show and shared with Mathew Ashford in 1992.
- Melissa Reeves won Soap Opera Digest Award for Best Primetime or Daytime Love story for Days of our lives with Mathew Ashford in 1992.
- She won the Hottest Female Star award for Days of our Lives in 1994.
- Melissa Reeves was nominated for Young Artist Awards for Best Young Actress in a Daytime or Nighttime TV Series for Santa Barbara consecutively in 1985 and 1986.
- She was nominated Young Artist Awards for Exceptional Performance by a Young Actor in a Daytime Series for Days of our Lives in 1987.
- Melissa Reeves was nominated for Young Artist Awards for Best Young Actress Starring in a TV Drama Series for Days of our Lives in 1988.
- She was nominated for Daytime Emmy Awards for Outstanding Younger Actress in a Drama Series for Days of our Lives in 1992.
‘Days of Our Lives’ star Melissa Reeves receives backlash for liking anti-Black Lives Matter posts online:
On June 25, 2020, the English publication dailymail.co.uk released a piece regarding her fans and castmates like anti-Black Lives Matter postings on social media. The controversy began after a fan sent screenshots of Candace Owens’ initial posts to Twitter, expressing their ‘totally disgusted and disgusting’ feelings over Reeves’ alleged attitude. Melissa had not responded to the Internet reaction as of Thursday morning, June 26.
She is certainly a cute and attractive actress, as she got the Hottest Female Star award. In terms of sexual orientation, she is straight. She’s a happily married woman. Scott Reeves, an actor and country music performer, is her husband. She began dating in 1988 and married on March 23, 1990, in front of her family and close friends. She is the mother of two children, a girl and a son. Her daughter’s name is Emily Taylor Reeves, and her son’s name is Lawrence”Larry” David Reeves.
In the year 1987, she had a brief love engagement with Jon Hensley, an actor, singer, and songwriter.
How Tall is Melissa Reeves?
She has a lovely form and a thin body. She stands 1.57 meters (5 feet 2 inches) tall and weighs 56 kilograms (123.5lbs). Her eye color is blue, and her hair is blonde. Her magnificent hair and prominent cheekbones enhanced her beauty and attractiveness.
Quick Facts About Melissa Reeves
|Celebrated Name||Melissa Reeves|
|Nick Name||Melissa Reeves|
|Birth Name||Melissa Brennan|
|Famous For||Longest-running TV series”Days of our Lives” as Jennifer Horton|
|Birth Nation||United States of America|
|Place Of Birth||Eatontown, Monmouth County, New Jersey, US|
|Debut Movie||Somewhere Tomorrow in 1983|
|Debut Television Show/Series||Santa Barbara from 1984-85|
|Married Date||March 23,1990|
|Son||Lawrence”Larry” David Reeves|
|Daughter||Emily Taylor Reeves|
|Height||1.57 m (5 Feet 2 inch)|
|Net Worth||USD 9 Million|