Ckey Rоurkе is a popular American actor and a well-known personality in the entertainment industry. Aside from that, he’s a fantastic bоеr and screenwriter. After appearing in Hollywood films, he became well-known. He rose to fame as a main man in dramas, action films, and thrillers. Rourke began his professional career as an actor, then moved on to boxing, and then back to acting.
Mickey Rourke re-ignited his one-sided public dispute with Robert De Niro on July 18, 2020, with a menacing Instagram post. He says in his letter: “That’s right, Robert De Niro, I’m talking to you, you big fucking crybaby. A buddy of mine recently informed me that you were cited in the press a few months ago saying, “Mickey Rourke is a liar, he says all kinds of nonsense.” Listen, Mr. Tough Guy from the movies, you were the first person to declare me a liar, and it was in the papers.
Let me tell you something, you punk ass, if I see you, I swear to God on my Grandmother, brother, and all my pets that I will horribly shame you. “As God is my witness,” says Mickey Rourke.” On Instagram, @mickey rourke_, he has over 165k followers. He is also not active on social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook.
Table of Bio/Wiki
What is the Net Worth of Mickey Rourke?
Mickey Rourke has professional career as an actor, screenwriter, and boxer has earned him a sizable fortune. He amassed a million-dollar fortune from his many efforts in the early 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s. His net worth was projected to be approximately $18 million in 2020. His annual earnings are projected to be at $1,764,706.
What is Mickey Rourke Famous for?
- Being an American actor and former boxer.
Where is Mickey Rourke from?
Mickey Rourke was born in Schenectady, New York, on September 16, 1952, to Philip Andre Rourke Sr. and Annette Addis. Philip Andre Rourke Jr. is his birth name. Joey, his younger brother, and Patricia, his younger sister, are his siblings. When he was six years old, his parents divorced. After her divorce, his mother married Eugene Addis, a retired police officer with five kids, and moved to South Florida with her children.
Rourke is of mixed heritage (Irish, German, French-Canadian, English) and claims an American nationality. Christianity is his religion. Virgo is his zodiac sign. In terms of his educational history, he graduated from Miami Beach Senior High School in 1971. He also took an acting lesson in South Florida with renowned instructor Jay Jensen.
Mickey Rourke’s Career Highlights:
- During his teenage, Rourke mainly focused on sports. He took self-defense training and learned boxing skills at the Boys Club of Miami and decided on an amateur career.
- At age of 12, he won his first boxing match under the ring name of Phil Rourke and this early win led him to a successful amateur boxing career. But he couldn’t continue his boxing career due to concussion in a boxing match and temporarily retired from the ring.
- From 1964 to 1973, Rourke’s amateur boxing record was 27 wins (including 12 straight knockouts) and 3 defeats.
- In 1971, Rourke started his acting career with television films, his debut film was Steven Spielberg’s ‘1941’, in which he was featured in a small role.
- Later, He played Ritchie in the 1980 slasher film ‘Fade to Black’.
- In 1981, he starred as Teddy Lewis in film ‘Body Heat’, where he played an arsonist, he started getting noticed for his rugged looks and acting.
- In 1982, he appeared in Barry Levinson’s ‘Diner’ as the gambler ‘Robert ‘Boogie’ Sheftell’. He was named the best supporting actor of the year by the National Society of Film Critics and Boston Society of Film Critics.
- Mickey also appeared in Rumble Fish (1983), The Pope of Greenwich Village (1984), Year of the Dragon (1985), 9½ Weeks (1986), Angel Heart (1987).
- He wrote scripts for the films ‘Homeboy’ (1988) and ‘The Last Ride’ (1994), and co-wrote the screenplay for the film ‘Bullet’ (1996). He had also written scripts for ‘Killer Moon’, ‘Penance’, and ‘pain’.
- In 1991, after being frustrated by doing only supporting and small roles in films, Rourke decided to leave acting and go back to his boxing career. But in a short period in boxing, he suffered several minor and major injuries. As a result, he retired from boxing in 1994 and returned to acting.
- Thereafter, he started to appear in movies like; White Sands, Fall Time, Love in Paris: Another 9½ Weeks, Shades, etc.
- He appeared in Jonas Åkerlund’s ‘Spun’ as the Cook in 2002. In 2005 came his breakthrough role in Robert Rodriguez’s film ‘Sin City’, where he played the lead role and earned several awards for his performance.
- In 2008, He played another successful role in the film ‘The Wrestler’. The film was named the best film at the Venice Film Festival and won the Golden Lion Award. Rourke also won numerous awards for Best Actor.
- In 2010, he was cast as the main villain in the film ‘Iron Man 2’, and Rourke won Scream Awards for Best Villain.
- He played the villain again in ‘Immortals’ and was critically applauded for his performance in 2011. In the same year, he was cast in the film ‘Java Heat’, which was released in 2013.
- In November 2014, Rourke returned to the professional ring. The boxer knocked out of the American Elliot Seymour. The battle took place in Moscow.
- Currently, Rourke appeared in the film The Legion (2019) as Gary and The Legion (2020) as Corbulo.
- Besides, he also starred in Television films like; City in Fear (1980), The Last Outlaw (1983), Dice (2017).
Mickey Rourke’s Awards and Achievements:
- Mickey named the best supporting actor of the year by the National Society of Film Critics and Boston Society of Film Critics for the film ‘Diner’ in 1983.
- In 2006, he won Saturn Award, Irish Film and Television Award, and Chicago Film Critics Association Award for Best Supporting Actor for the film Sin City.
- He named Best actor by San Diego Film Critics Society, Toronto Film Critics Association, Chicago Film Critics Association, Florida Film Critics Circle, Detroit Film Critics Society for the film The Wrestler in 2008.
- In 2009, he won Golden Globe Award, Independent Spirit Award, BAFTA Award for Best Actor for the film ‘The Wrestler’.
- Also, he was nominated for more than 10 Awards.
Mickey Rourke’s Wife:
Mickey Rourke is a divorced father of two children. From 2009 to 2015, he was in a relationship with Russian model Anastassija Makarenko.
He previously married Debra Feuer, an actress, in 1981, and the couple separated in 1989. He married actress Carré Otis on June 26, 1992. Rourke was arrested for “spousal abuse” in 1994. Later, in December 1998, they divorced. He’s been married twice, but he doesn’t have any children.
Terry Farrell and Sasha Volkova are among the celebrities Mickey Rourke has dated.
Mickey Rourke’s Height:
Mickey Rourke is a handsome man in his late sixties. He stands at 1.8 meters (5 feet and 11 inches) tall and weighs roughly 77 kilograms. His hair is blonde, and his eyes are a light brown tint. He has a straight sexual orientation.
Quick Facts About Mickey Rourke
|Celebrated Name||Mickey Rourke|
|Nick Name||Mickey Rourke|
|Birth Name||Philip Andre Rourke Jr.|
|Place Of Birth||Schenectady, New York, USA|
|Ethnicity||Mixed (Irish, German, French-Canadian, English)|
|Father||Philip Andre Rourke Sr.|
|Education||Miami Beach Senior High School|
|Wife||Debra Feuer (1981 – 1989), Carré Otis(1992 – 1998)|
|Height||1.8 m (5 feet and 11 inches)|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
|Source of Wealth||His professional career as an actor|
|Net Worth||$18 million (estimated)|
You may also like David Mamet.