Paul Shaffer is a multi-talented Canadian singer, composer, actor, author, comedian, and multi-instrumentalist who was the musical director for David Letterman’s late-night talk shows “Late Night with David Letterman” and “Late Show with David Letterman.” Shaffer, who has worked in the music industry for almost five decades, has made a significant contribution and also produced the hit song “It’s Raining Men” by The Weather Girls.
Table of Bio/Wiki
How Much Does Paul Shaffer Earn?
Paul Shaffer has amassed a sizable fortune in his professional career, which he has spent primarily as a music director. Through his numerous music albums, concerts, and events, Shaffer has amassed a large wealth in the millions of dollars. Shaffer used to make $5 million a year on David Letterman’s show, which was his best pay.
Shaffer is well-off, with an estimated net worth of $30 million. Shaffer has also recently sold a $6.4 million condo unit in South Beach, Miami. He had also paid $3.75 million for the 2,500 square feet in 2007.
Shaffer is living a wealthy and glamorous lifestyle thanks to his money in millions of dollars.
What is Paul Shaffer Famous for?
- “Late Night with David Letterman” and “Late Show with David Letterman” both have him as the musical director.
When and Where was Paul Shaffer Born?
Paul Shaffer was born in Fort William, Ontario, Canada, on November 28, 1949. Paul Allen Wood Shaffer is his given name. He is a Canadian citizen. Shaffer is of White ethnicity, and his zodiac sign is Sagittarius.
Bernard Shaffer (father) and Shirley Shaffer (mother) are Shaffer’s parents (mother). Bernard, his father, is a lawyer. Shaffer was born into a Jewish household in his hometown of Fort William. Paul was always interested in music, taking piano lessons and playing the organ in a band named “Fabulous Fugitives” during his adolescent years.
Shaffer had originally intended to pursue a law degree, but instead received a B.A. in sociology and philosophy from the University of Toronto in 1971. He also holds honorary doctorates from Lakehead University and Five Towns College. Shaffer began his musical career shortly after.
Paul Shaffer Career Highlights:
- In 1972, Shaffer began his professional music career as the music director of Stephen Schwartz’s “Godspell.”
- Shaffer made his Broadway debut in 1974 in Schwartz’s “The Magic Show.”
- Shaffer spent five years as a member of the house band on NBC’s Saturday Night Live (SNL) in 1975, alongside comedian Chevy Chase.
- He co-wrote and produced the hit song “It’s Raining Men” by The Weather Girls in 1979.
- He began working as a music director on David Letterman’s late-night talk show, “Late Night with David Letterman,” in 1982.
- Later in 1983, he joined the CBS Orchestra as the conductor for the “Late Show with David Letterman,” which reportedly increased his reputation.
- Shaffer was a member of “The Honeydrippers” in 1984, where he played keyboards.
- Shaffer has also worked as a musical director and producer for events such as the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony and the 1996 Olympic Games opening ceremony.
- “Coast to Coast” (1989) and “The World’s Most Dangerous Party” (1990) were Shaffer’s solo albums (1993).
- Shaffer returned with his band in 2017 and recorded “Paul Shaffer & the World’s Most Dangerous Band,” a self-titled CD.
- Over the years, Shaffer has been in a variety of films, including “This Is Spinal Tap, Blues Brothers 2000,” “Scrooged,” and “Look Who’s Talking Too.”
- Shaffer was a voice actor in the animated series “Hercules” and appeared on “How I Met Your Mother” (2013) and “Law & Order: Criminal Intent” (2008). (1997).
- He also appeared in musical comedies such as “This Is Spinal Tap,” “Blues Brothers 2000,” and “A Very Murray Christmas” (2015).
- Shaffer also served as the musical director for the Netflix original sitcom “A Very Murray Christmas,” which premiered in 2015.
- In 2019, Shaffer will host “Paul Shaffer Plus One,” a monthly chat program that will air on SiriusXM and AXS TV.
- Shaffer, together with Paul McCartney, Kanye West, and Alicia Keys, played in “The Concert for Sandy Relief” on December 12, 2012.
- Shaffer also appeared as The Skeleton on the second season of the TV show “The Masked Singer.”
Who is Paul Shaffer Married to?
Catherine Vasapoli, Paul Shaffer’s long-term girlfriend, is his wife. The couple married on August 19, 1990, and have now been married for 19 years. Shaffer and Vasapoli have two children: a son named William Wood Lee Shaffer (born in January 1999) and a daughter named Victoria Lily Shaffer (born on April 8, 1993).
Paul Shaffer, his wife, and their children currently reside in Bedford, New York.
How Tall is Paul Shaffer?
Paul Shaffer, a 69-year-old vocalist, has a well-maintained normal physical structure. Shaffer is a big man, standing at 5ft. 5inches (1.65m) and weighing roughly 63kg (138 lbs). Shaffer has a light skin tone, a hairless head, and dark brown eyes.
Quick Facts About Paul Shaffer
|Celebrated Name||Paul Shaffer|
|Nick Name||Johnny Carwash|
|Birth Name||Paul Allen Wood Shaffer|
|Place Of Birth||Fort William, Ontario|
|Best Known For||As musical director for “Late Night with David Letterman” and “Late Show with David Letterman”.|
|College / University||Five Towns College|
|University||Lakehead University and University of Toronto|
|Education||B.A. degree in sociology and philosophy|
|Educational Qualification||2 honorary doctorate degrees|
|Married Date||August 19, 1990|
|Son||William Wood Lee Shaffer|
|Net Worth||$30 million|
|Residence||Bedford, New York|
|Weight||63 Kg (138lbs)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Career Start||1972 A.D.|