Sara Angeline Groenewegen, better known as Sara Groenewegen, is a softball pitcher from Canada. She set all-time records for strikeouts and strikeout ratio while pitching for the University of Minnesota. She was a National Pro Fastpitch All-Star and a collegiate All-American at the University of Minnesota. In the ratio category, she is still ranked first for both the Big Ten Conference and NCAA Division I. The Akron Racers selected her second overall in the 2017 NPF draft.
Since 2013, Groenewegen has been a member of Canada’s women’s national softball team, which won gold in the 2015 Pan American Games. She also had a role in Canada’s qualification for the 2020 Olympics.
Table of Bio/Wiki
What is Sara Groenewegen Salary and Net Worth?
Sara Groenewegen makes a living as a professional softball pitcher. She was picked second overall in the 2017 NPF Draft after playing college softball for the Minnesota Golden Gophers. Since 2019, she has been a member of the Canadian Wild. She has been a member of the Canadian national team since 2013. Her professional career pays her well enough. Her net worth is currently estimated to be at $1 million.
What is Sara Groenewegen Famous For?
- Pitcher for softball in Canada.
Where is Sara Groenewegen From?
Sara Groenewegen was born on April 12, 1995, in the Netherlands. Sara Angeline Groenewegen is her given name. Her hometown is White Rock, British Columbia, Canada, where she was born. She is a citizen of Canada. Her father, Arnie Groenewegen, and mother, Reesa Groenewegen, gave birth to her. At the age of nine, she was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. She was born into a softball family. She is the youngest of two sisters. Leo, her younger sister, was a softball player at Bradley in 2013 and 2014.
She went to Elgin Park Secondary School for her secondary studies. In 2013, she completed secondary school. Prior to coming to Minnesota, she represented Junior Team Canada, Team British Columbia, the White Rock Renegades, and the Northwest Sidewinders in high school.
She was a member of three national championship teams and three regional championship teams throughout her career.
She went to the University of Minnesota after high school. From 2014 to 2017, she was a member of the Minnesota Golden Gophers. She was selected Big Ten Freshman of the Year and Pitcher of the Year as a freshman. She was voted Big Ten Player of the Year and second-team All-American as a sophomore. In 2016, she was named to the First-Team All-American team. She was voted Big Ten Pitcher of the Year and a First-Team All-American her senior year.
Sara Groenewegen Career:
- She was selected in the first round of the 2017 NPF Draft by the Akron Racers.
- In her second season in the National Pro Fastpitch league, she was one of the best pitchers in the league.
- She was named to the NPF All-Star team.
- She went 6-4 with three saves to finish the 2019 season with a 1.52 ERA.
- In 17 appearances, she pitched 73.2 innings and struck out 64 batters. In addition, she pitched four complete games and one shutout.
- She has been a part of the Canadian women’s national softball team since 2013.
- At the 2013 ISF Junior Women’s World Softball Championships, she was a member of Team Canada.
- She went on to play for Team Canada in the World Cup of Softball in 2013 and 2014.
- She also competed in the 2014 Canadian Open in the 2014 ISF World Championships for Team Canada.
- She was a vital player of Team Canada’s gold-medal winning Pan American Games team in 2015.
- In August 2019, against Venezuela, she became Canada’s first pitcher to throw a perfect game.
- She was instrumental in Team Canada’s qualification for the 2020 Summer Olympics.
Who is Sara Groenewegen Husband?
Sara Groenewegen is a single woman. She is said to be single. There aren’t many details regarding her personal life available right now. Any new information regarding her dating and relationship will be posted here.
In 2018, she acquired legionnaires’ illness. She was put on life support when she came close to passing away. She was kept alive by 15 tubes inserted into her body and kept in a medically induced coma.
Sara Groenewegen’s Height:
Sara Groenewegen is 1.74 meters tall, or 5 feet and 8 inches tall. Her body is built for athletics. Her hazel eyes are hazel, and her blonde hair is blonde. Her sexual orientation is that of a straight woman.
Quick Facts About Sara Groenewegen
|Celebrated Name||Sara Groenewegen|
|Nick Name||Sara Groenewegen|
|Birth Name||Sara Angeline Groenewegen|
|Place Of Birth||White Rock, British Columbia|
|Famous For||Popular Canadian softball pitcher|
|High School||Elgin Park Secondary School|
|University||University of Minnesota|
|Career Start||Selected in the 2017 NPF Draft|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Source of Wealth||Salary and prize money|
|Net Worth||Around $1 million|