Shayne Ward is the stage name of Thomas Ward, an English actor and singer. From 2015 to 2018 and 2021, he was known for his role as Aidan Connor on “Coronation Street.” He’s also recognized for winning the second season of “The X Factor” in the United Kingdom. In 2005, his debut single, “That’s My Goal,” debuted at #1 on the UK Singles Chart, selling 313,000 copies on its first day of release, making it the third fastest-selling single in UK history. He was a member of the Destiny pop
What is the Net Worth of Shayne Ward?
Shayne Ward has a net worth of $3 million as of 2021, although his specific salary has yet to be revealed. Shayne has already made a name for himself in his brief professional career. He has not yet done any brand endorsement work. His acting and singing careers are also a key source of money for him.
On the 16th of October 1984, Shayne Ward entered the world for the first time in Tameside, Greater Manchester, England. Shayne Thomas Ward, his real name, was born into a Christian religious household. By nationality, he is British, and by ethnicity, he is British-white. Ward turned 37 years old in 2021, and his star sign is Libra, according to his birthdate.
As a result, his race is white. He is the son of Martin Ward (father) and Philomena Ward (mother) (mother). Michael Ward, Martin Ward, Emma Ward, Lisa Ward, Leona Ward, and Mark Ward are her six siblings.
- Shayne Ward started his career reaching the final thirty of “Popstars: The Rivals” in 2002 after which he auditioned for the second series of “The X Factor” in early 2005 where he was chosen to be among Walsh’s top four contestants and perform on the live shows. He was crowned as the winner of the season as he had not fallen into the bottom two throughout the entire competition, and won by a margin of 1.2% of the vote, out of a reported 10.8 million phone votes cast by viewers.
- Then, he signed a recording contract with Syco Music and his first single, “That’s My Goal” which was released in the UK on Wednesday, 21st December 2005. He also won an Ivor Novello Award for being the Best Selling Single.
- On 10th April 2006, his second single, “No Promises”, a cover of a Bryan Rice song was released and his self-titled, “Shayne Ward” debut album was released on 17th April 2006.
View this post on Instagram
- He also released his autobiography entitled “My Story” in November 2006 as well as his fourth single and first from his second album, “If That’s OK with You” was given a release date of 20th August 2007, but was then delayed and became a double A-side single with “No U Hang Up”. It was finally released on 24th September 2007.
- On 26th November 2007, he launched his second album “Breathless” and made his stage debut at London’s O2 Arena and visited his home town Manchester at the MEN Arena.
- He started working on his third album in 2009 with producers RedOne and Taio Cruz as the album, titled “Obsession”, was released on 15th November 2010.
- Shayne did his first television appearance in over two years, on “Live from Studio Five the day” after his “X-Factor” appearance, where he also performed his single.
- He also performed the title track from the album Obsession on “The Alan Titchmarsh Show” on 8th March 2011 as well as it was announced on 9th June 2011 that Ward would star as Stacee Jaxx in the 1980s-themed musical “Rock of Ages” at the Shaftesbury Theatre, London. He announced that he would return to the studio in September 2012, after the end of his contract with “Rock of Ages”.
View this post on Instagram
- As well, he joined the cast of “Jeff Wayne’s Musical Version of The War of the Worlds” for the final arena tour of that production in 2014, as the Artilleryman.
- Later ITV announced on 12th May 2015 that they had signed Ward to a one-year contract deal to appear on “Coronation Street” as Aidan Connor. For his performance, he received the 2016 National Television Award and 2016 Inside Soap Award, both for the Best Newcomer.
- Ward announced in early 2018 that he was leaving the role. He made his last appearance as Aidan Connor on 7th May 2018, in a storyline highlighting male suicide.
- After leaving the show, Shayne was cast as a lead in the film, “Stairs”, a psychological drama.
- Also, he made a voiceover appearance on 22nd October 2021 for his on-screen father Johnny Connor’s death.
Achievements and Awards
- National Television Award for his work in “Coronation Street”
- TV Choice Award for his work in “Coronation Street”
- Inside Soap Award for his work in “Coronation Street”
Is Shayne Ward single?
Shayne Ward is a unmarried man. He is engaged to his fiancee Sophie Austin, with whom he became a father for the first time on December 3rd, 2016, when they welcomed their first child, a daughter. Ward confirmed his engagement to Austin in December 2017. Shayne is straight in terms of sexual orientation. Shayne just announced that he and his fiancee Sophie are expecting their second child, following the birth of their daughter Willow five years ago. He and his girlfriend are expecting their second child, a daughter, after attempting IVF and failing to conceive naturally. ‘I would constantly say to Sophie: “I know in my gut and in my heart of hearts that we are going to have more children,” he told Hello! magazine.
‘There was no getting around that. We never surrendered. ‘It’s been a whirlwind,’ says the narrator. With, 16 years after first appearing on The X Factor, I now have a lovely family and another on the way. ‘I’m on cloud nine right now.’ It’s incredible that we’ll have another girl to add to the Ward family.’ Willow wants to call the new arrival Aurora after the Disney princess, according to Shayne, who added, “We talked to her: “What have you always wanted?” “A baby sister!” she said.
Shayne Ward stands 1.75 meters tall and weighs roughly 157 pounds (71 kg). He has dark brown eyes and short black hair. The actor doesn’t hesitate to go shirtless because of his toned biceps and great build. Furthermore, his physique type is sporty. Shayne has some amazing tattoos all over his body.
- He was briefly a member of the pop band Destiny.
- His debut self-titled album was a #1 certified Platinum album in the UK and Ireland.
- He proposed to longtime girlfriend Faye McKeever in September 2012 but the couple later split.
- In 2015, he began appearing as Aidan Connor in the long-running soap Coronation Street.
Quick Facts About Shayne Ward
|The Next Robbie
|Shayne Thomas Ward
|Place Of Birth
|Tameside, Greater Manchester, England
|Martin Ward (father) and Philomena Ward (mother)
|Source of Wealth
|Singing and acting career
|157 lb / 71 kg