What is Skrillex’s net worth?
The estimated net worth of DJ Skrillex is to be $70 million as of December 2022.
34 years old
January 15, 1988
1.63 m (5 ft 4 in)
Country of Origin:
United States of America
Source of Wealth:
Who is Skrillex? What is his Profession and Nationality?
American electronic DJ and producer Skrillex is renowned for his high-profile partnerships and wildly popular DJ shows.
One of the most recognizable names in the EDM scene, his music has been played at some of the biggest venues in the world, and it has been in numerous blockbuster films.
Skrillex’s net worth is projected to be $70 million as of December 2022.
- Skrillex dislikes being confined to one place and prefers to be out on the wide road, where he feels at home, whenever feasible.
- He is a major admirer of all types of music, and his first purchase was Marilyn Manson’s 1996 album Antichrist Superstar.
- In addition to having a cameo as the DJ at a party scene, Skrillex received praise for his song in the 2012 Wreck-It Ralph movie.
- The moniker Skrillex has no meaningful significance and was borrowed from his previous AOL screen name.
- In 2011, Skrillex’s laptop, which included all of his new songs scheduled for a future album release, was stolen from his hotel room in Milan.
Early Life, Birthdate, Birthplace and Family
Skrillex, whose real name is Sonny John Moore, was born in Los Angeles, California, on January 15, 1988, and grew up in the Highland Park district.
His adoptive Scientology parents brought him back to California after he attended boarding school in the Mojave Desert LV.
Skrillex attended raves in the Silver Lake downtown area and punk shows in Mexican American communities while attending a prestigious academy school in LA that specialized in the arts.
Professional Career of Skrillex
In 2004, Skrillex launched his career as the lead singer for the band From First To Last, which also included guitarists Matt Good, Travis Richter, Matt Manning, and drummer Derek Bloom.
After leaving the group, he started posting demos on MySpace and went on tour as Sonny Moore, performing with All Time Low, The Rocket Summer, and The Matches.
He changed his name to Skrillex in 2008, and in 2010 he released his first single under that moniker, My Name Is Skrillex. The same year, he also signed with mau5trap records.
Other collaborations include collaborating on Missy Elliot’s track ID and XXXTenacion and Lil Pump’s single Arms Around You.
Additionally, Skrillex songs have been used in motion pictures, such as his score for the film Spring Breakers and the song Bug Hunt from the John C. Reilly cartoon film Wreck-It Ralph.
Skrillex’s Salary Over the Years
Skrillex has amassed a sizable annual salary thanks to the sales of his singles and albums as well as his live performances and DJ sets.
Skrillex enjoyed a successful career peak in the early 2010s when his earnings reached the millions of dollars.
An estimated breakdown of Skrillex’s career earnings is provided below:
- Skrillex’s Salary In 2010 – $2.4 million
- Skrillex’s Salary In 2011 – $824,000
- Skrillex’s Salary In 2012 – $15 million
- Skrillex’s Salary In 2013 – $16 million
- Skrillex’s Salary In 2014 – $65,000
- Skrillex’s Salary In 2022 – $970,000
Skrillex’s career earnings are anticipated to stay strong as long as he continues to release new music and go on tour.
Skrillex’s Net Worth Annually
Since he started making music, Skrillex’s net worth has steadily increased, and his partnership with Deadmau5 significantly increased his wealth.
He became one of the wealthiest DJs in the world thanks to his headline performances at significant music festivals and live sets, which opened the door for collaborations with today’s top artists.
Skrillex’s net worth should keep rising thanks to ongoing royalties, new income from his career, and other sources.
Personal Life of Skrillex
After the death of his mother in 2015, Skrillex made it clear that he preferred to keep his private life private.
Skrillex’s current relationship status is unknown, however in 2012, he was speculated to be dating English singer-songwriter Ellie Goulding, who is best known for the songs On My Mind and Hate Me.
Skrillex continues to update his well-liked official Instagram account, where he shares pictures from his live performances and other events.
Awards & Achievements for Skrillex
Skrillex has done a lot in his career, collaborating with some of the top musicians and writing music for well-known films.
The establishment of the industry has taken notice of this prodigious output, which has resulted in a number of nominations and wins for awards.
Here are some of Skrillex’s most deserving honors:
- 2012: The song Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites wins Best Dance Recording and Best Dance/Electronica Album at the Grammy Awards.
- 2013: At the Annie Awards, Skrillex won the Outstanding Achievement, Music in an Animated Feature Production award for the Wreck-It Ralph song.
- 2013: Skrillex picks up more awards from the Grammy Awards, winning two awards for Bangarang, Best Dance/Electronica Album and Best Dance Recording.
- 2015: At the MTV Music Video Awards, the track Where Are U Now won the Best Visual Effects award.
- 2016: Skrillex wins Best Dance Recording for Where Are U Now, along with Justin Bieber and Diplo.
Skrillex has more albums planned, so we anticipate that he will continue to be honored for his services to the music business.
How Does Skrillex Spend His Money?
Skrillex is one of the most well-known DJs and music producers working in Los Angeles today, and he has the means to live a comfortable life.
He has a $12,000 square foot, $6 million home in Malibu, California, that is equivalent to some of the most expensive homes in the world.
This property has views of the Pacific Ocean with six bedrooms, 10 bathrooms, a gym, and a theater room.
Strillex’s Career Highlights
Skrillex has had a successful career, going from his early days of singing in a punk band to his current position as one of the hottest producers and DJs working in America.
Along with receiving numerous nominations and accolades, he has also worked on tracks that show off his adept production skills that were influenced by a variety of musical styles.
Here are some of Skrillex’s greatest career high points:
- 2004: The debut album from his first band, Dear Diary, My Teen Angst Has a Body Count, is released, leading to a successful tour.
- 2008: Moore begins producing and performing under the name Skrillex, making a name for himself at the best clubs in Los Angeles.
- 2011: The release of More Monsters and Sprites catapults Skrillex into the spotlight and defines him as one of the hottest EDM producers.
- 2014: Skrillex releases his first album, Recess, enjoying both critical and commercial acclaim.
- 2021: After taking a break due to the pandemic, Skrillex returns to live performances with his solo set at the Avant Gardner venue in New York.
Skrillex’s career is likely to continue to have many more high points as he develops as a musician and pursues new creative opportunities.
Favorite Skrillex Quotes
Skrillex is renowned for his unwillingness to discuss his personal life in public, preferring to keep it apart from his work-related endeavors.
He has, nevertheless, provided many illuminating insights into his work process and methods and is glad to talk about how he approaches music production.
Here are some of our favorite Skrillex quotations:
- “No one worries about genre when they’re dancing. They’re not asking themselves, ‘Is this song a dubstep song?’” – Skrillex
- “I don’t like being overexposed. I don’t like being on covers. And I don’t like people talking about me.” – Skrillex
- “My best monster bass sounds have come from FM8. People think they all come from Massive, but most of the ones that kids online are trying to recreate in Massive are actually from FM8. I also really like Sylenth1, my Tone2 Gladiator and some other granular soft synths as well.” – Skrillex
- “To me, it’s always a joy to create music no matter what it takes to actually get there. The real evils are always whatever stops you from doing that – like if your CPU is spiking and you have to sit there and bounce all your MIDI to audio. Now that’s annoying!” – Skrillex
- “I do most of my vocals – aside from a couple of little one-shot vocal samples. I record everything into the Saffire with an SM58 then scratch it with loads of plug-ins. I don’t do much vocoding to be honest. All my vocals are usually done with Melodyne and a ton of other plug-ins to make it sound weird.” – Skrillex
3 Amazing Lessons From Skrillex
Now that you are fully informed regarding Skrillex’s net worth, it is time to examine the life lessons and helpful tips that can be gleaned from his illustrious career.
The following are some of the most effective success tips from Skrillex:
1. Organic Exposure Is Best
It’s not always necessary to spend a lot of money on promotion and advertising. Despite the fact that many musicians and producers do.
Skrillex is always eager to spread the information in a natural way. He posts an announcement on Facebook and asks his fans to do the same.
2. Experimenting With Different Genres Will Help You Create Your Own Sound
Skrillex’s music is influenced by a wide range of genres, including punk, rock, and electronic artists like Aphex Twin and Squarepusher.
By not limiting your influences, you’ll create a more rounded and captivating style that followers will enjoy.
3. Possessing a Mystique Can Help You Promote Yourself
Skrillex wants to keep his picture away from his material. Although some acts are prominently feature on cover art and other promotional materials.
In this way, he has joined the ranks of dance music artists like Daft Punk, Orbital. And others that uphold mystery as a component of their persona.
This concludes our overview of successful American electronic DJ and producer Skrillex’s songs, partnerships, and wealth.
His career has had many high spots, and as it progresses, he will undoubtedly receive more honors and acclaim.
If his net worth changes, we’ll update this article to reflect it. Check back later to get the most recent information.
The estimated net worth of DJ Skrillex is to be $70 million as of December 2022.