Table of Bio/Wiki
Stacey Plaskett is a well-known American politician, attorney, and commentator who represents the at-large district of the United States Virgin Islands in the United States House of Representatives. She became the fifth elected non-voting member of the House of Representatives and the first to work as a House manager during Donald Trump’s second impeachment trial.
Plaskett has been a member of the Democratic Party since 2008, and as of 2021, she has been a member for nearly 13 years. She also spoke at the United Nations General Assembly while still a student, reawakening her devotion to public duty and a great feeling of responsibility to others.
She was the only Black woman in the Senate chamber as she made House Democrats’ case for Trump’s complicity in both orchestrating and ordering the attack on the nation’s democracy’s citadel. She’s also active on social media, with over 252k Twitter followers under the handle @StaceyPlaskett.
What is Stacey Plaskett’s Net Worth?
Stacey Plaskett professional career as a politician, attorney, and commentator has paid her well. Plaskett began her career as an Assistant District Attorney in the Bronx, New York, and has worked her way up to become one of the most renowned politicians in her decade-long career. Plaskett has amassed a sizable wealth, estimated to be worth approximately $2 million, thanks to her hard work and dedication.
What is Stacey Plaskett Famous for?
- Famous as a Delegate to the United States House of Representatives.
Early Life and Education
Stacey Plaskett was born in Brooklyn, New York, in the United States on May 13, 1966. Stacey Plaskett is her given name. Her country of origin is the United States of America. Plaskett is of African-American descent, and her zodiac sign is Taurus. Stacey Plaskett was born on the island of Saint Croix, in the United States Virgin Islands, to well-to-do parents. Her father worked as a cop in New York City, while her mother worked as a court clerk. Her parents were always encouraging, as their hometown of New York was a popular destination for students and other newcomers.
She grew up in the John F. Kennedy housing development on St. Croix, where she went to Brooklyn Friends and Grace Lutheran elementary schools. She also enrolled at Choate Rosemary Hall, where she was a varsity athlete and class president for several years. In 1988, she earned a bachelor’s degree in history and diplomacy from Georgetown University’s Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service. While she was a student, she even appeared in the United Nations General Assembly on behalf of universities in the DC region. She then graduated from American University Washington College of Law in 1994 with a J.D. Plaskett worked as an Assistant District Attorney in the Bronx, New York, after graduating from law school.
Stacey Plaskett’s Career Highlights:
- Stacey Plaskett started her career initially as an Assistant District Attorney prosecuting several hundred cases even in the Narcotics Bureau.
- She then worked as a consultant and legal counsel and then as counsel on the Republican-led US House of Representatives.
- She also worked at the Justice Department as a Republican political appointee of President George W. Bush.
- She served as Counsel for the Assistant Attorney General for the Civil Division, and also as Acting Deputy Assistant Attorney General for the Torts Branch in the Civil Division.
- She switched from the Republican Party to the Democratic Party in late 2008.
- In 2012, Plaskett went on for nine-term delegate Donna Christian-Christensen and eventually won the election. Since 2012, she has remained undefeated and has been winning elections again and again.
- On January 12, 2021, Plaskett was named as a House impeachment manager for the second impeachment of Donald Trump.
- She was the sole Black woman in the Senate chamber who presented House Democrats’ argument related to Trump’s role in both organizing and ordering the attack on the nation’s citadel of democracy.
Stacey Plaskett’s Husband:
Jonathan Buckley Small is Stacey Plaskett’s only husband, and he is also her only child, because he is the only one she has. Janet has five children with Jonathan, an American community activist who used to be a professional tennis player. They have been married for a long time. In her last year at Georgetown, her first son was born, and their second son was born during her second year of law school. She was young when she married.
When she graduated from law school, her three young sons were all under the age of five. The year 2021 came around, the couple and their five children were living happily ever after. When former coworkers put naked pictures of Stacey and her husband on Facebook in 2016, it was a big invasion of privacy for both of them. She even stayed in her office during the January 6, 2021, storming of the US Capitol. She didn’t want to be near Republican colleagues who didn’t wear face masks.
Even in her 50s, Stacey Plaskett is a stunning woman with a well-kept hour-glass figure. She stands at a height of 6ft. (1.82m) and weighs approximately 60kg. Her body measurements are 37-26-35 inches, with a bra size of 37B, a dress size of 4(US), and a shoe size of 7(US). Her skin is brown, and she has black hair and dark brown eyes.
Quick Facts About Stacey Plaskett
|Celebrated Name||Stacey Plaskett|
|Nick Name||Stacey Plaskett|
|Birth Name||Stacey Elizabeth Plaskett|
|Place Of Birth||Brooklyn, New York|
|School||Choate Rosemary Hall, Edmund A. Walsh School|
|University||American University Washington College of Law|
|Husband||Jonathan Buckney Small|
|Net Worth||$2 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Politician Career|
|Height||182 cm or 6 ft.|
you may like: Galynn Patricia Brady