Table of Bio/Wiki
Tyrese Gibson is a singer, songwriter, rapper, actor, model, VJ, and screenwriter from the United States. He has received numerous prizes for his contributions to the music, film, and television industries, including American Music Awards, NAACP Image Awards, Soul Train Music Awards, and others. Let us learn more about him by reading this article.
How much is Tyrese Gibson worth?
Tyrese Gibson acquired a significant amount of money and popularity as a music and film star in the entertainment world. According to some web sources, his net worth is reported to be $10 million. His net worth has been impacted by his extended custody fight and divorce. He is currently estimated to have a net worth of $3 million, which includes his endorsements. From the endorsements in which he appeared, he made around $650,000.
What is Tyrese Gibson famous for?
- Singer, songwriter, author, rapper, actor, model, VJ, and screenwriter from the United States.
- In the Fast & Furious franchise, he played Roman Pearce.
Where is Tyrese Gibson from?
He was born in 1978 in Watts, Los Angeles, California. Tyrone Gibson and Priscilla Murray Gibson gave birth to Tyrese in that year. During his childhood, Tyrone, Salendra, and Shonta Gibson were his three siblings, and they were all very close to him. It’s just like him: He is an American citizen with African American roots. His sign is Capricorn.
It was very hard for him to grow up because his father left in 1983. He said that he went to school every day so that he could eat. When he went to Florida A&M University, he got a bachelor’s in business. During his time at Locke High School, he started to get into music and enjoy it a lot.
When did Tyrese Gibson begin his career?
- Tyrese began his career after winning a talent competition at the age of 14 and appearing in a Coca-Cola commercial. In the ad, he sang “Always Coca-Cola,” which led to other opportunities. He also appeared in commercials for ‘Guess’ and ‘Tommy Hilfiger.’
- RCA Records was his first singing deal, which he signed in early 1998. On August 4th, 1998, he released ‘Nobody Else,’ the first single from his self-titled studio album. The song peaked at #36 on the Billboard Hot 100 list in the United States.
- The album, which was released on September 29th, 1998, was certified Platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) on March 30th, 1999. Another track from the record, ‘Sweet Lady,’ earned him his first Grammy nomination.
- Around this period, he also began his TV acting career. Following his appearance on ‘Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper,’ he went on to guest star on episodes including ‘Martin,’ ‘The Parent Hood,’ and ‘Moesha.’ Before making the leap to the big screen, he performed the supporting role of Mad Rage /Skip in the TV movie ‘Love Song.’
- He starred in the coming-of-age film “Baby Boy” in 2001. The film marked Gibson and Taraji P. Henson’s cinematic debut and was a critical and commercial success.
- On May 22, 2001, he released his second studio album, titled “2000 Watts.” The CD has sold over 500,000 copies despite its length of 59 minutes and 15 tracks.
- Tyrese released his third album, ‘I Wanna Go There,’ in 2002, after ‘Sony BMG,’ the parent company of ‘RCA Records,’ entirely bought ‘J Records.’ The album’s song, “How You Gonna Act Like That,” peaked at #3 on the US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks chart.
- On December 12th, 2006, he released his debut double album, ‘Alter Ego.’ He recorded the hip-hop songs under the moniker ‘Black-Ty,’ which were only featured on disc two of the album, while his R&B songs were only featured on disc one.
- To date, he has released three mixtapes. They’re ‘Best of Both Hoodz, Vol. 1’ (2006), ‘Ghetto Royalty’ (2006), and ‘Invisible Bully: The Last Tapes’ (2012), all of which were self-released only as digital downloads.
- On November 1st, 2011, he released his fifth album, “Open Invitation,” under his label “Voltron Recordz.” For the album, he received his third Grammy nomination.
- Along with Ginuwine and Tank, he founded the supergroup TGT in 2007. They didn’t release their first album, named “Three Kings,” until 2013, through “Atlantic Records.”
- He released his latest album, ‘Black Rose,’ on July 10th, 2015, through Caroline Records. It topped the Billboard Hot 200 and the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums lists in the United States. The album’s second song, “Shame,” was nominated for two Grammys for “Best Traditional R&B Performance” and “Best R&B Song.”
- Aside from music, he appeared in four films: ‘Flight of the Phoenix,’ ‘Four Brothers,’ ‘Annapolis,’ and ‘Waist Deep,’ in which he played the male lead from 2004 to 2006.
- Aside from starring in blockbusters such as “Transformers (2007)” and “Fast and Furious,” he has also appeared in films from the “Transformers” and “Fast and Furious” franchises. He also appeared in standalone films such as Paul Bettany’s “Legion (2010),” Kasi Lemmons’ “Black Nativity (2013),” and the Chinese-American-Hong Kong action comedy “Hollywood Adventures (2015).” In Fox’s musical drama “Star (2017),” he plays Pastor Bobby Harris, a recurring role.
- Morbius and F9, which is currently in post-production, are two of his forthcoming feature projects. It was supposed to come out in 2021.
Who is Tyrese Gibson married to?
Tyrese married Norma Mitchell in 2007, and the couple has a daughter named Shayla together. Unfortunately, the couple divorced in 2009. According to court documents, he pays her $107,00 in monthly expenditures. He also claimed to have only $900,000 in his bank account and $1.7 million in real estate holdings.
On February 14th, 2017, he married Samantha Lee. In 2018, the couple welcomed a daughter into the world. Currently, there are no reports of separation or divorce between the pair.
How tall is Tyrese Gibson?
Tyrese stands at 5 feet 1114 inches tall and weighs roughly 78 kg, according to his physique measurements. Similarly, he has dark brown eyes and Bald hair. He wore 11 different shoe sizes in the United States. Further details about his body have yet to be revealed. We will notify you if any information is made public.
Quick Facts :
|Celebrated Name||Tyrese Gibson|
|Nick Name||Black- Ty|
|Birth Name||Tyrese Darnell Gibson|
|Birth Nation||United States of America|
|Place Of Birth||Watts, Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Religion||Will Updated Soon…|
|Education||Florida A&M University|
|Spouse||Norma Mitchell (M. 2007; Div. 2009) and Samantha Lee (M. 2017-Present)|
|Mother||Priscilla Murray Gibson|
|Height||5 feet 11¼ inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Net Worth||$3 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Entertainment Industry|