Table of Bio/Wiki
Zoe Louise Ball, better known as Zoe Ball, is a British radio and television host. She was the BBC’s first female host of both “Radio 1 Breakfast” and “The Radio 2 Breakfast Show,” and she hosted the children’s show “Live & Kicking” in the 1990s. She appeared on “Strictly Come Dancing” in the third series and hosted the “Strictly Come Dancing Live Tour” in 2011 and 2015. In 2021, she appeared on “The Masked Dancer.” Furthermore, Zoe is active on social media, with over 644k followers on her Instagram account and over 396.1K followers on her Twitter account.
How much is the net worth of Zoe Ball?
Zoe Ball has a net worth of $5 million dollars as of 2022, but her exact salary has not yet been disclosed. Her professional career as a TV presenter, host, and radio broadcaster provides her with the majority of her income. Zoe’s BBC presenter salary ranges from £1360000 to £1364999 in 2019-2020. Zoe has also promoted commercial brands such as “Pepsi,” “YBS,” and “Mercury.” In March 2018, she participated in the 5-day cycling challenge “Hardest Ride Home” as a charity worker to raise money for the Sport Relief charity and raise mental health awareness. She was instrumental in raising a whopping £1,98012. She supported Marks & Spencer and Oxfam’s Love Mum Campaign in 2014.
What is known for?
- Being a radio and television presenter in the United Kingdom.
- For being the BBC’s first female host of both “Radio 1 Breakfast” and “The Radio 2 Breakfast Show.”
On November 23, 1970, Zoe Ball opened her eyes for the first time. She was given the name Zoe Louise Ball at birth. Her hometown is Blackpool, Lancashire, and she grew up in Farnham Common, Buckinghamshire. She has British nationality and is of British-White ethnicity. Her religion is Christian, and her astrological sign is Sagittarius. As a result, she is white. She will have turned 51 years old in 2021. She is the daughter of Johnny Ball, a children’s television presenter, and Julia Anderson Ball (Mother). Her parents divorced when she was two years old. Her father later remarried Dianne Ball (Stepmother). Jamie Clark is her younger brother.
When it comes to Ball’s education, she is well-educated, having attended Heston Junior School from 1975 to 1978. She later transferred to Farnham Common First School before continuing her education at Farnham Common Middle School. She also attended the Amersham College of Art and Technology as well as Holy Cross Convent School in Chalfont St Peter. Similarly, she attended Beaconsfield Young Theatre, where she trained as an actress.
- Zoe Ball began her career as a runner at Granada Television and a researcher for the Cool Cube on BSkyB before moving on to work as a quiz show researcher for two years.
- She has hosted Channel 4’s “The Big Breakfast” and “The Priory,” as well as BBC One’s Saturday morning children’s program “Live & Kicking” and the pre-school program “Playdays.”
- She also hosted the first series of “Fully Booked” in 1995 and co-hosted the BBC reality show “Strictly Dance Fever” in 2005.
- In January 2007, she hosted the second series of ITV’s “Soapstar Superstar,” and the following year, she hosted the ITV talent show “Grease Is the Word.”
- On the 4th of August 2013, she revealed Peter Capaldi as the incoming Twelfth Doctor and hosted his first interview in that capacity as the hostess of a special titled “Doctor Who Live: The Next Doctor.”
- In 2014, Ball hosted “The Voice: Louder on Two,” a BBC Two spin-off of “The Voice UK,” and in 2015, she hosted “EastEnders: Backstage Live.”
- She has also narrated two ITV Specials, “The Nation’s Favorite ’70s Number One” and “The Nation’s Favorite ’80s Number One,” as well as the BBC One series “Don’t Tell the Bride.”
- In 2020 and 2021, she appeared alongside her son Woody Fred Cook on Series 2 and 3 of “Celebrity Gogglebox,” and in 2021, she starred in “The Masked Dancer.”
- In addition, in October 2005, she appeared as a contestant on the third series of the BBC One talent show “Strictly Come Dancing.”
- Moreover, Zoe began her career in radio when she became co-host of “Radio 1 Breakfast” on BBC Radio 1 in October 1997, but she left the station in March 2000 to start a family and a new chapter. Her last show was on March 10, 2000, and she was succeeded by Sara Cox.
- She returned to radio in mid-2002, when she joined London’s Xfm, and she left at the end of 2004.
- In September 2007, she returned to BBC Radio and co-hosted a show with Sara Cox commemorating the 40th anniversary of BBC Radio 1 and BBC Radio 2.
- In 2009, she also became the regular relief host for Ken Bruce’s weekday mid-morning show on BBC Radio 2 and covered “The Radio 2 Breakfast Show.”
- Later, Zoe returned to Radio 2 on a permanent basis, hosting the Saturday afternoon slot on BBC Radio 2 between 3-6 pm from March 4th, 2017 to December 22nd, 2018.
- Chris Evans announced her as the new host of “The Radio 2 Breakfast Show” on October 3, 2018, and she began on January 14, 2019.
What is the relationship status of Zoe Ball?
Zoe Ball had a married life. She is currently in a relationship with her partner, Michael Reed, the boss of a construction firm. They began dating in 2017 and split up in 2019, but reconciled in January 2020 and have remained together to this day. She previously began a relationship with Norman Cook, a DJ and musician (also known as Fatboy Slim). In August 1999, the couple married at Babington House in Somerset. The couple divorced in 2003 after Ball revealed she had an affair; they later reconciled. The couple has a son named Woody (born in 2000) and a daughter named Nelly (born 2010). After 18 years together, they announced their separation on September 24, 2016, and later divorced. In terms of sexual orientation, Zoe is straight.
Ball’s relationship with and separation from Norman Cook sparked a slew of controversies along the way. Several of her other relationships have also made headlines over the years. There are currently no rumors about Ball or her career.
Body Measurement, Height, and Weight
Zoe Ball is a stunning woman who stands at 5ft 10in (1.78m) in height. She has a slim build and a bodyweight of around 59Kg or 130 Ibs. In addition, her hair is blonde, and her eyes are hazel.
Ball is very active on social media. She has a large number of followers on social media platforms like Instagram and Twitter. She has over 378.7k Twitter followers. In addition, she has over 603k Instagram followers.
- She is a die-hard Manchester United supporter.
- She was voted “Radio’s Sexiest Female Voice.”
- Her first appearance as a child was on the show “Saturday Superstore,” on which her father, Johnny Ball, also appeared.
- Zoe is the first female DJ to be a part of BBC Radio 1’s “The Radio 1 Breakfast” Show.
- She backed the Love Mum campaign, which was organized by Marks & Spencer and Oxfam.
- She has penned a book about her football “dream team.”
- Her astrological sign is Sagittarius.
|Celebrated Name||Zoe Ball|
|Nick Name||Zoe Ball|
|Birth Name||Zoe Louise Ball|
|Marital Status||In relationship|
|Eye Color||Brown Light|
|Place Of Birth||Blackpool, Lancashire, England|
|Spouse||Norman Cook (1999–2016) Divorced|
|Height||5ft 10inch or 1.78m|
|Weight||59 Kg or 130 Ibs|
|Son||Woody Fred Cook|
|Daughter||Nelly May Lois Cook|
|High School||Farnham Commo High School|
|College / University||Amersham College|
|Birth Nation||United Kingdom|
|Mother||Julia Anderson Ball|
|Net Worth||$5 million dollars|
|Source of Wealth||TV presenter, host, & radio broadcaster|